YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

We will be diving around the Porthkerris area at the end of April/ beginning of May. (30-04-2004 until 05-05-2004 IIRC)

The list of attendees is long and distinguished and will include a few YDers including honoury members of the Bristol Massive from tup north and the big smoke.

So if anyone is in the area and want's to meet up with some old faces (Mattbin will be there - and they don't come much older  
) or even young faces (The rest of us  
), come over and say Hi.

I think we have between 15 and 20 onboard including DaveJ and KarenJH, Mattbin and his little lad Adam, Clownfish, Orca, Big Neill and numerous others.

Daz

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

wow, enjoy!
I will be in porthkerris with noel and Dawn (team bunny) at the end of may, really looking forward to it!
jules

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>this weekend - well Dive Action round the corner

and end of may (I think)

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wacker @ April 08 2004,19:07)]Daz
I might be up for this M8
provisionaly count I in
WAC
You are always welcome Wack,

The more the merrier.

Daz

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Must have been a bit slow and missed this posting Daz, I'll get you for that one, old face indeed.

Looking forward to it, even if it does mean diving with you again, oh well suppose having the joy of seeing your better half means I must make sacrifices I suppose.

Catch u soon mate.

Basking sharks - hear our call, we want you there that weekend.

Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ April 20 2004,12:40)]Must have been a bit slow and missed this posting Daz, I'll get you for that one, old face indeed.
I'll buy you a beer to make up for my cheek

Daz

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

I'll be down there that weekend (Fri to Mon) with my club, diving with Porthkerris Diving Centre.

Don't fear, Matt - we ticked the 'baskin sharks required' box.

dan

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Dan
we are booked on a couple of dives out of Porthkerris, so we may well bump into each other,
where are you staying, Adam & I are at the Three Tuns, I think the Massive are camping/caravanning close by.

Well done with the Sharks, like to see someone try and get one of those beauties in a good bag!

Matt

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

We're staying in a couple of caravans, so it may be the same place, though I don't know the details as I haven't been involved with organising it.

So if you see 12 people crammed into 2 caravans, that'll be us.  Or maybe 11 people in 2 caravans and me in the tent I'm taking with me...

dan.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Go large, massive Bristols
rearrange if necessary, but please leave some stuff for Team Bunny and Jules (honorary bunny for the weekend) to see...

Have a great time,

Noel

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imported post

We promise to try to leave everything intact and not scare anything away.

I draw the line at trying to pin a basking shark to the reef with my knife, just so it is still there for team bunny to see though

Dan be good to meet up and put a face to a name and all that stuff.  We are staying at Sea Acres caravan site,  despite what Matt say's we are most definitely not camp! (Oh sorry camping, now I see what he mean't).

Daz

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Awww, not even a little one?

Have fun and enjoy - Are you using ribs or the cat?

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Noel Johnson @ April 22 2004,21:50)]Awww, not even a little one?

Have fun and enjoy - Are you using ribs or the cat?

Rib,  the cat was fully booked.  Not that I'm fussed it makes little difference once you have thrown yourself off  

Shame Giles is no longer there, he always made rib dives quite entertaining.  Two speed, f*ckin quick or suicidal.

Daz

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

I think we're on the cat on Sunday and Monday, not sure about Saturday since some people are shore diving while others are on a boat.

What can I expect of the local dive sites?  Other than hundreds of Baskin Sharks, obviously

dan.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imported post

Well the shore diving near the MOD building is very nice, there are a couple of pinnicles, some gullys and plenty of life.  Sea life around the area includes Wrasse, John Dorries, Cuttlefish, Lobster, crabs, blennies, dogfish and apparently some congers off to the left hand side (I'm a gonna try and hunt them down this year).

Off shore there are some nice wrecks, pretty broken up - The Volney and the Mohegan + others.  The Manacles reef is covered in life, jewel anemones.

Conditions - we have not had anything worse than 6m vis and currents are usually quite light.  

Basically it's fantastic.

Oh and did we mention all the basking sharks
(Right that puts a curse on seeing them then  
)

Daz

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

We have Daz cursing the Basking sharks and me cursing the weather/viz. Gonna be a good one, even if most of its in the pub.

Matt

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ April 23 2004,01:49)]Shame Giles is no longer there, he always made rib dives quite entertaining.  Two speed, f*ckin quick or suicidal.
<font color='#8D38C9'>serge makes up for that

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

He's a nice guy.

Pulled my second stages apart last year and stopped a pesistant leak, showed me how to do it for myself too.

Matt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts