YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Dear All

I have put out a few posts regarding the servicing of Poseidon regs  I was contacted by Brian Cooper who offered my lots of technical advice on these regs and was very helpful. Even after all of his kind advice I still could
not get the reg working correctly so Brian offered to service it for me as he is a trained service technician. So off went the reg on Tuesday morning up to Yorkshire the reg was back with me with a full report and test data by
Saturday morning the reg is now perfect thanks to Brian and his excellent serving skills.
So if you have Poseidon's and they require a service I can110% recommend Brian.You can contact him at [email protected].

All the best Andy

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Andy,

Can't get better than a personal recommendation!! I've just scored two Poseidon for my new twins and am very happy with them - which model do you have? I've got the Jetstreams. And what did Brian charge for the service - if you don't mind me asking?? And what was the nature of the problem you suffered? - I've heard of (and seen at 1st hand) a 'hydraulic' failure of the Possy at Wastwater when we were last there.

Cheers again for the recommendation - nice to see someone getting a bit of praise for once rather than rightly pissed-off users railing against the manufacturers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Prices for reg servicing
>
>
Brians prices are as follows:
labour cost £12.00 for 1st stage
labour cost  £8.00 per 2nd stage

Cleaning materials and greases £2.00 (no difference whether normal silicone
or Oxygen compatible grease used)
Oxygen cleaning alone £20.00 but free if done at time of service.
4 months warranty
after 6 months free adjustment/reset.

It will probaly cost you about £6.00 postage each way.
With notice and after you have confirmed I have the bits in stock you could
deliver them in person and either wait (and no doubt watch) or return for
them when done. I live between Skipton and Settle on A65 in North Yorkshire.

What models have you got?
What is the urgency?
What is wrong with it?

Any other questions just email.

Cheers Brian Cooper
ASSET Service Technician

Hope this helps Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts