YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems we submatix divers are not active enough. So if anybody is interested I could see about putting together a submatix day. It would most likely be a blue lagoon which are a submatix dealer, and through them I should be able to get in touch with alpha distribution (the UK supplier) and get them evolved.

I am should we would be able to get some units together for try dives for those that want to gibe it a go.

It's just an idea at he moment but if enough people are interested I'll put the plan into action.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Would this be at Stoney or simialr so as to attract the most people possible i.e. wont get blown out and is fairly central country wise. If so, I'd be interested. Dates???

Matt

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Would this be at Stoney or simialr so as to attract the most people possible i.e. wont get blown out and is fairly central country wise. If so, I'd be interested. Dates???

Matt

God sake Matt, Read Luddites post! Blue Lagoon are dealers which is why its organised for there.

:rolleyes:

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I talked with Martin at Blue Lagoon and he is all for it.

Due to commitments I have and enough time to get everything together I am thinking of the last weekend in July.

I'll be contacting alpha to see if they can make those dates 1st.

Now the big question.

What would you like to see there?

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to John at Alpha. He is on board for a submatix day too. So when is good for people? I am now thinking of sometime in August.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Is this a day for submatix divers to get together and swap tales, or for us mere mortals to have a go?
I wouldn't mind the latter, but isn't blue lagoon in the north somewhere?

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this a day for submatix divers to get together and swap tales, or for us mere mortals to have a go?
I wouldn't mind the latter, but isn't blue lagoon in the north somewhere?
It should be both. I might be able to twist martins arm into having a BBq and a few drinks after the site closes for the night. If I manage to pull that off I'll let you know. If you want a B&B to stop over I am sure that can be sorted too. Blue lagoon is near Doncaster just a few mins from both the A1 and M63.

Blue Lagoon Diving & Leisure - A Great Place To Dive, Learn To Dive or Just To Relax & Enjoy is the web site.

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you'd be more then welcome.
I just need to pull me finger out and sort it all out.

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the news is good. A date as just this minute been set with John Cam at Alpha. The date is 18th Aug. I do know that there are a few interesting changes in the pipeline so this day will be a good time to find them out.

Since a day has been set. I'll start a new thread with the possible taken out. I'll keep you updated in that thread as to what is going on.

Cheers

Jon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts