YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked a cheap flight with first choice.co.uk online a few months ago, return to Mallorca including taxes, vat & booking fee for £110.

20 KG's baggage allowance
5kgs hand luggage

I called the call centre today to ask about extra allowance for Scuba gear and they gave me 10kg's extra free for Scuba gear with the condition I take a C Card and they even emailed me a pre booked reference to save hassle at check in desk.

Fantastic or what :)

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
now if only we could get all the airlines to do that....

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Coming back from Mallorca last year, BMI baby didn't even weigh my bag and just shoved on the belt saying "that's ok"! So big up to them too!! :teeth: (it was over 30kg and I offered to pay extra)

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
I would never do long-haul with First choice again.
Cancun last summer, my 3 year old was sick all over the wall / seat on landing. Two weeks later - crusty bits still there. Absolutely no idea when it comes to kids and family needs.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Thats my big bug bear.... when I was 156 pounds heavier than I am now, I could book a seat on a plane no problem, but now I am 156 pounds lighter, why can't I take an extra 5 pounds luggage for example. If i hadn't dieted, it would be costing the airline more to take me for no extra charge, so actually I am doing them a favour :D

Like the logic ? :teeth:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thats my big bug bear.... when I was 156 pounds heavier than I am now, I could book a seat on a plane no problem, but now I am 156 pounds lighter, why can't I take an extra 5 pounds luggage for example. If i hadn't dieted, it would be costing the airline more to take me for no extra charge, so actually I am doing them a favour :D

Like the logic ? :teeth:
Too right, they should weigh the person and the baggage. Then either give slimmer people more baggage allowance or charge the fatties more! Or both! And if the fatties don't like it they can always try eating less. ;)

Am I being a bit controversial?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts