YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had an interesting phonecall from people apparently from Precise telecom offering me some sort of deal on my telephone bill. Well from the get go i knew it was another scam call, lets say Max Rogers with a heavy indian accent gave it away. Ill admit i was a little bored so i thought i'd hear this one out and waste a little time. he went into his dialogue and i occasionally grunted non-commitally and gave nothing back. He repeatedly asked for my account details and i sadi didn't he know them as he'd phoned me with an offer...blah blah blah.

I kept playing along and asked for the address of the company, all the time sitting there googling Precise telecom which actually exists as a website company offering telecoms deals. First chap told me they were based in manchester but no actual address and i should hold the line for his manager to talk to me, i guess the manager got clued up when i asked again the address and he told me it was richmond and wouldn't give me any more details before he suddenly hung up.

So precise telecome actually exists but is the website and company legit and the scammers using it as a cover??

home

anyone any good at checking websites know if these guys are legit and i should drop them a mail and let them know they are being used by scammers.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Why bother.

Did the same myself looked up there address 331 St Margrets Road TW1 1PW quick look at Google maps, expecting something like the Telecom tower, but just got bedsit land instesd.

Number 331 is the semi with the net curtains.

Look them up they have been in business less than a year share the same address with another telecom giant I-Visionz Ltd been in business less than six months. Must be a hive of entertainment in that back bedroom.

331 ST MARGARETS ROAD tw1 1pw - Google Maps

Laugh a minute.

·
Gone to pastures new
958 Posts
Hmmm, I'd say Precise is the scammer

whois -h whois.nic.uk precise-telecom.co.uk ...

Domain name:

precise-telecom.co.uk

Registrant:

Precise Enterprises Ltd

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

331 St Margarets Road

Twickenham

TW1 1PW

United Kingdom

Registrar:

Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]

URL: Domain names | Domain name registration | 123-reg

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 01-May-2010

Renewal date: 01-May-2012

Last updated: 01-May-2010

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns.123-reg.co.uk

ns2.123-reg.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 19:15:02 01-Jun-2011

Domain is registered as an individual so no name is given, wonder if it's a bad attempt to pass themselves off as VOIP for business, Broadband Internet Access, MPLS - Precise Telecom Solutions! who seem to be legitimate. These Webfusion – Bringing the World's ideas online are their hosts if you want to moan.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
even so the scammer didn't even know their own mail address and hung up when asked for it, which made me think they were piggy-backing another company.

·
Keyboard Worrier
4,155 Posts
Nahh, prob a genuine company, but shite sales technique / product.
My mates got a company that does the same, they get kickbacks from providers from reselling packages - mobile and office lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts