YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sometimes cynical of the YD effect but decided that this could just be one of those moments where the masses can help! :thumbsup:

A group of 3 young men and one young lady stole the Russian diving helmet from the pool room in the Hotel Aqua a few weeks ago, fortunately they failed to get the full suit nor the huge manual air pump.

The little sh1t$ completed their deed and put the helmet into the young ladies car in full view of all the cameras which were of course recording at the time. So the young Lady (if I can call her that) is clearly identified as its her car but in her wisdom she will not cooperate with the police and name the young men with her and so the helmet will be lost forever.:sad:

So we have to get a replacement value for the insurance company, anyone seen anything like this or possibly does anyone have one that the would let go? It has to be genuine Russian to make the set complete again.

This is the serial number
View attachment 9039

This is the full helmet
View attachment 9040

Looking forward to some opinions

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Dave, contact Trinity Marine down in Teignmouth. They may be able to help and have warehouses full of stuff including old dive gear. They buy and sell so will have a good idea of the market value of the helmet, but i hope you get your one back

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Dave, contact Trinity Marine down in Teignmouth. They may be able to help and have warehouses full of stuff including old dive gear. They buy and sell so will have a good idea of the market value of the helmet, but i hope you get your one back
Yes, trinity would be my advice.

Trinity Marine

They closed the showroom but I believe they are still operating online.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
The little sh1t$ completed their deed and put the helmet into the young ladies car in full view of all the cameras which were of course recording at the time. So the young Lady (if I can call her that) is clearly identified as its her car but in her wisdom she will not cooperate with the police and name the young men with her and so the helmet will be lost forever.:sad:
I realise she may not have the money, but the threat of suing may help. Balance of probabilities rather than proof. She gets names as solely responsible and has to cough up?

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you contact dive helmet divingheritage.com possibly can help you out .i had not got a contact number at the moment but have spoke to someone involved in diving Heritage if I receive a telephone number for the person who will get back to you as regards

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Yes, but in 50 years time our comrades in Russia will be making movies about the 3 great sons and one great daughter of the Motherland and the repatriation of an empires lost heritage and some other such bollox.
It is shite when a display for the masses is fecked up by (generally) some attention seeking prick with no knowledge or forethought of what they are doing.
Mind,I have great faith in Mr. Officer finding and returning said helmet.:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes, but in 50 years time our comrades in Russia will be making movies about the 3 great sons and one great daughter of the Motherland and the repatriation of an empires lost heritage and some other such bollox.
Oh hello... You might not need to worry about buying a new one just yet. Seems like the goat knows the nationality of the thieves and I reckon he may be holding more back...

YD inquisition anyone?

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
There's a guy in Latvia who deals in Russian ex-Navy stuff that I've bought a few rebreather related items from. I can't recall his name off hand but he's always got stuff for sale on Ebay (usually KIP8's and IDA71's). Might be worth asking him for a replacement cost.

Reactions: David Wallace

·
probably just mental
2,399 Posts
Since you have the serial numbers it might be worth contacting Trinity Marine to give them the serial numbers in case the scrotes try to flog the helmet.
Are Trinity Marine the guys that have a warehouse up at the historic dockyard in Portsmouth if not its another similar business that might be another good contact.
Hope it gets recovered, you've had a crappy old month.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Since you have the serial numbers it might be worth contacting Trinity Marine to give them the serial numbers in case the scrotes try to flog the helmet.
Are Trinity Marine the guys that have a warehouse up at the historic dockyard in Portsmouth if not its another similar business that might be another good contact.
Hope it gets recovered, you've had a crappy old month.
This lot? Trinity Marine

·
Off to T.D.F.
695 Posts
Interesting that a new member with just two posts is selling something like that - might be worth arranging a viewing?

EDIT: just noticed, they've got a full suit so might not be them after all.
They had a full suit for sale in 2006, and have posted nothing since, until now...

I'd definitely tip the police off to that one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts