YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...

Hope everyone is diving safe!

So I am getting myself a little confused and thought that everyone at YD could help me out...

I am just about to qualify as a DM and am looking for my insurance. I have had a look at the DAN site - but it appears as though you have to take out separate cover for kit, liability and personal injury - or is that just me?

Can anyone recommend (or point me to) the main diving insurance contenders...it would be nice to get one that covers me and my kit to my trained depth both in the UK and abroad?

Thanks for any advise...much appreciated.
Dan

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
I am just about to qualify as a DM and am looking for my insurance. I have had a look at the DAN site - but it appears as though you have to take out separate cover for kit, liability and personal injury - or is that just me?
That's exactly right.
Kit and personal insurance is a totally different matter from profesional liability.

·
Remember Member
514 Posts
If you are going to be working as a DM in the UK check with your shop/ school first. You should be covered under their insurance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi All...

Hope everyone is diving safe!

So I am getting myself a little confused and thought that everyone at YD could help me out...

Can anyone recommend (or point me to) the main diving insurance contenders...it would be nice to get one that covers me and my kit to my trained depth both in the UK and abroad?

Thanks for any advise...much appreciated.
Dan
I would avoid DAN if I were you. A friend of mine tried to make a claim and they did the "wriggle out of it" exercise despite him having the top policy.

Sal

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Sal,

an instructor in my club had exactly the opposite experience with DAN they fought his case for him with no problems whatsoever.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
YD's Caribbean Outpost
562 Posts
Professional liability insurance - DAN with the "Luxor" clause, to give you unlimited defence cover (a new stipulation from PADI International Ltd), if you are going to be working in UK. Don't assume you are covered under your shop/club policy, unless you have it in writing.....

Equipment insurance - plenty to go at. I personally use Divemaster UK Ltd. But others here may have different ideas. Haven't had any issues with either, even though I live and work abroad.

HTH

Steve

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Professional liability insurance - DAN with the "Luxor" clause, to give you unlimited defence cover (a new stipulation from PADI International Ltd), if you are going to be working in UK. Don't assume you are covered under your shop/club policy, unless you have it in writing.....

Equipment insurance - plenty to go at. I personally use Divemaster UK Ltd. But others here may have different ideas. Haven't had any issues with either, even though I live and work abroad.

HTH

Steve

Hi its also a stipulation from TDI/SDI UK to have Professional liability insurance & LUXUS Legal Defense £117.00 I think.
Best of luck
James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts