YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>Hi All,

Having read the thread from Mrs Wacker, It sprung to mind that surely some people on this site would love the option to have their MOBILE telephone numbers displayed on thier profiles, maybe have a line saying  CONTACT NUMBER_

I had a diver this weekend travel to Dover , who slept in his car waiting for a dive, but the e:mail i sent him wasn't read til late. And  YESSSSSSSS my fault for not passing him my number.

Also, are we allowed to advertise our business on here, or could we have a way of doing so.

Many Thanks

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

I can't change the code (I have no time!!) but nothing to stop you adding yours to your own profile. The reason it is not included on many internet databases is that it can get 'harvested' and cause you to get loads of spam phone calls (I got called once from Sacremento by some little turd trying to sell me an operating system upgrade!)

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

And what about a "Lost and Found" forum

You know somewhere where all the SO's can post items like :-

LOST.

One Wacker, last seen heading off in a Red Citroen to meet up with Daz.  

FOUND

One Wacker, located by MDemon under a bacon sandwich and cup of tea.   ;-)

(Only joking !)

Andy,  not sure I would want my mobile number just available for everyone to see,  and thanks John for phoning me and not just putting the number on the board.  

I normally just pass my number on to anyone who might need to get hold of me.

Daz

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I only give out my mobile number to people I am planning to meet up with and wouldnt post it openly on the forum, everyone from YD I have met so far is great but you never know who else is lurking..
You could always put your number on your signiture if you wanted it visible to people?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

I'm just being warey of the lurkers, who knows how many are out there.....???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts