YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
do you hear boats?...I hear boats
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've put my name down for Martyn Farr's Intro Cave course at the early part of next year (2012). The cavern course was so good I really want to learn a little bit more.

If any of you would like like to go on this course (see Martyn's website www.farrworld.co.uk for details) please let him know - I need to have a buddy so that Martyn can run the course.

There's a short list of prerequisites, but from memory the main one is that you have completed the PSA cavern course.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Slightly off topic, however if you fancy a ocean dive before your course or after it then your not far from me (im in Scumbernauld) and i'd be interested in finding a buddy who fancied a Mexican cave trip at intro level......

I did IANTD Intro to cave in Mexico with Steve Bogaerts last year and I dont have a buddy to go back and dive with.....

Davie

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - I'm all out of dive trips for the immediate future. Martyn Farr is doing a trip to Raja Amput (I'm pretty sure it's for all levels) at the end of December, in short, it looks stunning and I'd be going on that if I wasn't going to Egypt in November.

Well up for an ocean dive at some point though. I'm quite liking Gortien Point these days (Loch Fyne) but am just as happy around Loch Fyne...

PM me anytime!

·
Rather be Narked than *issed
195 Posts
Thought Martyn taught TDI, years ago when i did mine with him, it was TDI.?? Great courses never the less, top guy too. I did my Day 1 in the sylica mine over at Dynas. Fab.

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes - I saw from a few other people's posts it used to be TDI.

Not sure what prompted the switch but I guess it's more of a wrapper (core skills and legal framework) to put an instructor's own stamp on anyway.

I loved the silica mine (it's where we did our cavern day2)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts