YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Prime mate
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Got a pub whose garden is at the bottom of next door's garden. The garden chatter can't be helped but it's not too bad and you can ignore it quite easily. However the music seems to us to be a bit loud.

Does anyone know what times/volume a pub is allowed to play music? It doesn't go on all night, it seem to be at relatively sensible times, but it's every evening.
I wish they'd shut the door, that would solve the problem instantly, but i'm afraid it's a chavvy pub and there's no way the clientele would do what they're told!

:)

r

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hi

Got a pub whose garden is at the bottom of next door's garden. The garden chatter can't be helped but it's not too bad and you can ignore it quite easily. However the music seems to us to be a bit loud.

Does anyone know what times/volume a pub is allowed to play music? It doesn't go on all night, it seem to be at relatively sensible times, but it's every evening.
I wish they'd shut the door, that would solve the problem instantly, but i'm afraid it's a chavvy pub and there's no way the clientele would do what they're told!

:)

r
I think that the rules are before 11PM you are pretty stuffed, after that then they have to be reasonable, that's what the EHO used to tell me when I ran a mobile disco anyway....:embarassed:

Danny

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
if you don't like pub noise then don't live near a pub.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Yes you can look at the area before moving in - but near to our house there was a request fromthe local pub when the 24 hour rule came in last year and because my little close is near to the pub - a nice little pub - we frequent quite often but
they are NOT allowed to let anyone sit outside after 10pm even in the summer.
That's the rule the local authority put on our pub - could you ask your local authority what is the rule?

Good luck - enjoy this fab weather
wish I was diving this weekend :angry:

Cosmo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts