YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

trying to work out the old fitness level

Could anyone tell me what the heart rate should be (approx) for a young fit and healthy person while resting?

TIA

Dan

·
Get a grip
610 Posts
It depends on HOW young,and wether truely at rest or upon waking.80 is not wonderfull,but not bad either.Make sure not been smoking/drinking Coffee. Modern youth!:)

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Take it a few times when you're relaxed, sitting down and not subjected to any 'stimuli' such as coffee, ****, anxiety or re-runs of baywtch on the telly. Average it out over the course of a week.

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
At the ripe old age of 44 my resting heart rate is 48.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
I'm 49 and upset if mine is higher than 50 bpm when resting. When I was in my early twenties it was below 40.

I can still get it higher than 180 on an exercise bike.

What's your blood pressure like?

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
I'm at 48 at the moment but that's drugged up to the ears.
I remember seeing Induran (sp?) the Tour de France style bike racer being examined and being ultra fit he was clocking along at about 30 flat on the examination table.

I'd say 80 flopped in front of a computer hacking a forum is bad.

I was treadmilled for my UKSDM last year and they just kept increasing the slope and the speed until I hit 200bpm. Since I did not die (I assume that was the criteria because it felt pretty close) I passed.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
See my earlier thread.
I normally run at low 50's... but 38/39 was tooooo low so got admited to 'ospickle..
OK now and had a couple of pints of Guiness to increase the blood after they took out an armful and a bit on Monday!

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
christ, 60 to 280 in under 3 minutes,thats good!
3 minutes? .................3 minutes? does that include coffee? :embarassed:

Graham

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
ok so ill try working out an average... i forgot about coffe etc

Iv just ran 5 KM on treadmill varying the speed & incline. my max heart rate was 83.... next day 7KM max heart rate 81

1 - 17 of 17 Posts