YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to be on a training course today which started at 9.00. I set off in plenty of time - just as well because two roads I tried to go down were closed!!!!
but still got to the course venue by 8.15 so sat in car in car park until 8.40 and went in with a couple of other people.
When we eventually arrived at the correct room for the course the table appeared full - that is chairs around the table appeared full, actually there were 2 spare and I pulled another one over (being polite letting the other 2 take the seats)
only to be told the course was for 12 people and that was how many chairs and equipment was out - oh and he hadn't any spare stuff for an extra person or a list of who should be there!!!!
ffs
so here I am back in the office!!!!!

actually I jumped at the chance to leave!!!!
but still will have to go again!!!!

So Question:-is it just our place that’s like this or is it par for the course (excuse the pun).

Steven

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have you contacted whoever arranged the course?
our training section- oh there is no one there!!!!!!

I've passed it back to my boss! - he'll be annoyed he's sorted the arrangements for about 20 of us so as not to interfere with ongoing Projects.

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
The NHS couldn't look after a cut finger at an Elastoplast convention.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
So Question:-is it just our place that’s like this or is it par for the course (excuse the pun).
About average I guess. Remember the true art of successful management is dreaming up stupid ideas for other people to fail at so you can use them as a scapegoat for your own inadequacy.

Chris

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Sounds like our lot work in luxury then? Also, seems more training people than staff; always trying to get us lot to go onto courses, shame work gets in the way! :teeth:

You claimed for wasted expenses yet?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I work for the police....by the time it had been risk-assessed and a meeting taken place to discuss diversity issues, and then a strategy group formed to discuss how to do it "in partnership" with someone....... Then they'd forget to order the transport anyway..

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
I once worked for a company that decided to have two buildings built for training and presentation purposes. All went well until a mere two weeks before opening day. The entire company of several thousand had training days arranged at the new facility. Catering was arranged, almost two million pounds had been spent when a small man from the council turned up , looked down at his clipboard and asked, " err, Do you have planning permission for these buildings?" :)
Cue two weeks of seagull managers frantically blamestorming left, right and centre. Eventually all training took place in a marquee in the carpark at the NEC.
I also once worked for a company that developed the Corporate Restricted Alcohol Policy. Good idea, until the acronym hit the letterheads.
Your company seem like MENSA candidates in comparison.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Its really frustrating when youve cleared a space in your schedule to attend training and this happens. Being responsinble for a training department, its also frustrating when youve got a course that youve put alot of time and effort into getting good resources together then some helpful manager decides he will send couple more people as they are at a lose end, if you cope next time they send even more. Or better still a phone call I had today "I've 12 technicians that need UT training to level II, now. Oh and English is their second language. Oh and they are in Abu Dhabi, probably" Leaps into action, rearranges pre-booked courses, twists lecturer's arm to work, away, long days, weekends to get the job done, all sorted Ah they cannt get visas can we do it in a couple of weeks time. Fume fume:angry:

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look on the bright side: You could ask them to arrange our next dives - they seem more organised than our clubs! :teeth:
what and turn up and find that there isn't a place on the boat?????
I'd be well impressed with that!!!! :frown:

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like our lot work in luxury then? Also, seems more training people than staff; always trying to get us lot to go onto courses, shame work gets in the way! :teeth:

You claimed for wasted expenses yet?
nothing to claim apart from business miles !!!!

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
You should seriously think of getting your company to use my company for organising anything to do with Accommodation and Meetings, Conferences, Training Courses etc.
Our services are completely FREE OF CHARGE and we organise everything (more or less) right up to the start date.
17+ years in business and 40 combined years in the industry speaks for itself.

Go on, they've got nowt to lose.

PM me if you want help.....Graham

I was supposed to be on a training course today which started at 9.00. I set off in plenty of time - just as well because two roads I tried to go down were closed!!!!
but still got to the course venue by 8.15 so sat in car in car park until 8.40 and went in with a couple of other people.
When we eventually arrived at the correct room for the course the table appeared full - that is chairs around the table appeared full, actually there were 2 spare and I pulled another one over (being polite letting the other 2 take the seats)
only to be told the course was for 12 people and that was how many chairs and equipment was out - oh and he hadn't any spare stuff for an extra person or a list of who should be there!!!!
ffs
so here I am back in the office!!!!!

actually I jumped at the chance to leave!!!!
but still will have to go again!!!!

Steven

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how does that work then?? do you do diving trips?? :wink:

I'm only a small pawn (or should that be prawn) it the organisation!!

You should seriously think of getting your company to use my company for organising anything to do with Accommodation and Meetings, Conferences, Training Courses etc.
Our services are completely FREE OF CHARGE and we organise everything (more or less) right up to the start date.
17+ years in business and 40 combined years in the industry speaks for itself.

Go on, they've got nowt to lose.

PM me if you want help.....Graham

1 - 20 of 25 Posts