YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Will be in Cornwall on Monday on business - want to take advantage of the situation and get a dive in.

Can anyone recommend an easy shore dive to me?  Easy as in "how to get too" and not blessed with too many rips etc...

Will be visiting St Ives, Penzance, Truro (so Falmouth's near) and back via Plymouth so a morning dive would be good - anyone know what time HT is at Penzance on 15th?

Many thanks in advance,

John

G

·
Imported post

Hi

We did Brixham Breakwater last weekend, nothing spectacular, plenty of sealife. Well, there was, we had 1 lobster, 2 crabs and about 80 scallops out between us. Not very deep though, about 8-10m. Easy to find, carpark, toilets and cafe adjacent beach. PM if you want further details.

wwd

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>warmwaterdiver beat me to it...Porthkerris has a private beach and will even bring your cylinder down for you (at an extra charge of course!!). You could also try Looe divers who are a good bunch of blokes

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

Lands End:-
Lamorna Cove or Sennen Beach (there is a shore dive onto a wreck!)
Lizard:-
Mullion Harbour, Porthoustock, Porthkerris.
Falmouth:-
Pendennis Point (wreckage of Submarines)
But... the weather has been C**P the last few days so I don't know what the viz will be like.
Paul

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

Bren, John & Others

Just be wary of opening to the Diveinthe pink page.  My newly installed Norton Firewall shows it as having a medium risk of carrying something nasty with it

(Hope it`s not too late for someone !)

Steve

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]will even bring your cylinder down for you
How does that work?!!!  Sounds great!!!  They might baulk at my twins though...

Thanks very much everyone.  Viz will probably be an issue...  I'll do my homework and hope it happens...

SouthWesterlies, so I guess North coast will be better?  I have HT as 12-ish, so a lunchtime dive then.  

Cheers again,

John

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ Mar. 13 2004,18:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]will even bring your cylinder down for you
How does that work?!!!  Sounds great!!!  They might baulk at my twins though...
<font color='#8D38C9'>think that comes from when the compressor was up the top not on the beach like it is now

G

·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]think that comes from when the compressor was up the top not on the beach like it is now
Yes thats right, early 2003 they added a decent filling station down on the sheltered beach area to save all the trip up the hill to the old garage fill station.

This year (they may have already started work) they are hoping to add a similar style building as the new toilet & shower block to replace that old portacabin.

wwd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts