YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi,
I think i understand why a diver will suffer from nitrogen narcossis, because when you breath at depth you need alot more air and so you end up with alot more nitrogen in your blood..?? But i was watching a program about a free diver and they were talking about here gettin narked and i was wondering why she would, because she only takes one breath at the surface and doesent breath under water?!
thought you guys would know cos my family couldent answer it...

cheers
Nick,

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Not totaly sure on this one, but I think it's more the fact that they are suffering from oxygen deprivation, which would give the same initial effects as "narcosis" as we know it. After all, this is what narcosis is, it's just we get it a medicaly different way.

James

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

aa yeah cheers that would would explain it, must have been a bit scary though, she couldent operate the lift to get her back to the surface and she was at 160m!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Thats probably why she was a bit narked then, you want to see my mrs when the car wont start. And she don't dive.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

These people are operating at extreme human limits, most of her body systems must be close to failure during a dive like this. Without her training, normal people like you and I would not get beyond 20/30 meters - and I wouldn't want to!!

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts