YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Guys,

Need a bit of help, want to swap my pony from the right to the left side but need to move the hose from the right hand port to the left hand port on my R 190 regulator second stage, still with me!, heard they were interchangeable, got the hose off alright but before I go any further it looks like I need to get the from cover off, tried twisting it but dont want to force it, any handy hints, apart from take it to LDS, many thanks guys,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hi bert

take it to your LDS, it might save you a few quid DIY but it will save your life if the LDS does it properly, it is a pony reg so needs to work at the most crucial time.

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Chris,

Sussed it out in the end up, quite simple really, bugger all to them whan you see the inside, but, you got me thinking, good advise from yourself and will get the shop to give then the reg the once over before I use them

Thanks for that Chris,take care and dive safe

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I believe Kate R was asking the same thing a little while ago

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Nov. 25 2003,11:41)]I believe Kate R was asking the same thing a little while ago
yep, did my R380 no probs, dead simple. literally a case of unscrewing the hose from one side and screwing in the other!

the only thing to remember is that inside the 2nd stage there's a little hole where the air comes out... once the hose is coming in from the other side the hole is pointing forwards instead of back towards you, so you have to move a little plug to cover up one hole and expose the other. (don't know if it's the same on the R190 though)

take it to your LDS by all means if you like, but as long as it's done up properly (and you haven't faffed with the cracking pressure screw like i did) there's mot much you could have done wrong!

(famous last words.....  
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts