• I'd like to be taught by YD - no ticket reqd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm going to do an official course - with a ticket, this year

• I'd like to teach YD members - as an unofficial course

• I'm already at RD level, either Bsac, Padi,Ssac,Ssa or other

• Not interested in getting to RD level.

• I'm RD but dont feel up to teaching others

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>yes I am prepaired to help if you want call me. Any help that I can give is freely given, with plesure.I am padi rescue diver and BSAC sport diver & BSAC asistant instructor.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

As posted on the other thread - already signed up for one so that's what I voted for here, but I'd be interested in doing anything arranged through YD as well.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

So far guys it looks like we have the teachers coming forward, thanks very much, but not the students as most voters are at RD level already, lets see how it runs over the next few days.

Matt

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Happy to help, although i need some notice to get weekends off. Mid week no-problems.

If there are only a couple i'm still up for it.

I can provide all the training equipment if required, and will be happy to write a skills specific treaining programme to suit peoples requirements.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

As long as I'm in the UK at the time, I'm happy to help where I can.

After yesterday's Stoney 'scramble' to get RDs in the water (and later, 'any divers'), I feel obliged to give back that which has helped me stay sane and safe over the years.

NB: After watching the Stoney guys and gals scramble for the shout yesterday, you can only admire and respect in awe the way and the speed with which they 'get to it'!! En masse and quick as anything - paddles, CPR kit, the whole nine yards - it is NOT down to Stoney's repsonse that this poor girl didn't make it!!! I can NOT emphasise that enough!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I'm happy to be involved either doing an unofficial ticketless YD gig or official ticketed gig for BSAC-wallahs if they can't find a local regional course in a suitable timeframe.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

For what it's worth I'd do what I could up here, alas most folk up here are SSAC and will have done it anyway.

Peter

·
Registered
862 Posts
Imported post

I'd be happy to throw in my pennies worth if i can be of any help, i'm a BSAC sports diver, assistant instructor and search & recovery diver. Even if i can help as a body i'm sure i will take something away from the course.

Tim

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>You do learn a lot as a body. I learnt how easy it was for an instructor to nearly do me in when I was doing it, let alone the students!

Happy to volunteer to be played with, I might be able to do some instruction but I don't know exactly. Probably best as a body and an opinion on the side.

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

As a relatively new PADI diver I have been taught no rescue skills at all.
I would definitely be interested in learning some rescue skills.
I also need to update my first aid, it's well out of date. Does anyone know of a course being run in Berkshire?

Also if there are not enough people to put together a YD RD course, how about we get together and negotiate to do an official course one weekend?

Simon A

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>As a BSAC SD I've had some rescue training but the reality is I haven't practised it since doing it so I'd definitley be up for this as a refresher.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm booked in with Chardy (YD'r) for my RD and EANx when I get back from Sweden hopefully.

From looking at the happenings over the weekend, it is obvious to me that you have a responsibility to both yourself and those you dive with to "at least" be able to help other divers get to the surface at a minimuml, should the need ever arise.

And it often does!

Failing that, I'd be up for a YD course!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Just a thought... if there was enough interest we could have another YD get together somewhere like Wastwater or Crap n Rainy and go over this stuff then. At Wast there's a Youth Hostel (I'll be there this weekend) which is cheap accomodation, there's a couple of pubs nearby which also do (slightly more expensive) accomodation as well as food obviously.

The Youth hostel has rooms which could be used to do the lectures, ideally we'd want a small boat to do some 'recovery into a boat' and 'casualty management in confined spaces'
The real sticking points are the resuci-annies and O2 kits , our BSAC region has some but not sure if I could get them for an unofficial course
Fills are an issue too as there's nowhere conveniently nearby to get them refilled - It's a fairly long drive to Andy Hayhurst's gaff which would be the obvious first choice

Anyhoo, it's worth thinking about
Cheers
steve

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

All,

I would be happy to help out (am BSAC AD and OWI) providing I can find out about insurance etc in case some brown stuff hits some rotating blades and someone gets injured as a result of me teaching them.

There is a BSAC club (west cumbria BSAC) in Egremont who do fills if you ring and arrange a meeting time with them - fast compressor too. I have got the details for them - a member of our club has dual membership with west cumbria. It is about a 30 min drive from Wast. We usually take our compressor up there and run it with the YH managers permission - can only use this on club trips though.

Wast would be an excellent venue for this sort of thing as we could run PRM scenarios off the beach right infront of the YHA. Search and recovery exercises would also be....well, interesting!!!!!! The YHA has a large classroom for O2 admin/CPR. The problem would be annies and O2 kits as Steve said. My club has them, I am not able to use them outside though I guess. This may have to be arranged through a dive school or someone professional??

Off topic, but info anyway (Wast was 6C this weekend, the gnomes are still there (more than I remember - had a nice trip down to see them. Good to see someone has put some gnomes at 40m too - hopefully to stop tempting people to go to 46m to see them!)

Paul

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

Happy to help in any way I can, either as a body, DM, or jut for the practice.
May be able to get my hands on O2 kit, but not annie.

Jut a thought, but has anyone checked with Jay to make sure that there are no legal implications for YD ?  Jay ?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I'm sure if you contacted the likes of St Andrews ambulance(or English equiv.) they would try and loan you annies and the O2 kits don't actually "need" to be O2 kits, just something to simulate them with 1 "proper" one for demonstration purposes.

Peter

·
Founder Member of the 'Viet Taff'
1,523 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I am a PADI, EFR and DAN O2 Instructor , happy to do something for people.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts