YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Peter, or grumpy old git if you would prefer,

Seeing as in your "democracy" you have denied the right to reply.......

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread, so just ignore it,  don't behave like a kid throwing your toys out the pram.

If other people enjoy it then let them I'm sure it dissapear in time.

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

Personally, I dont enjoy "that thread", but I have voted not to remove it.

If you start banning a particular thread because you don't like it, where do you stop..... banning threads on geeky computer stuff, DIR, Rebreathers etc.

Hey, thats not such a bad idea after all.... can I change my vote  

Simon

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>peter - if you don't like it, don't read it!

there's been plenty of threads on this forum that i've thought have been crap or stupid - so? do spit my dummy out, or do i ignore it? you say you're scared of missing something funny, so you have to read it - surely that's you're problem and not everyone else's?

i haven't participated in the  
thread (apart from calling them retards and telling them not to grin at me) but i can assure you that if that thread gets blocked because if happens to piss you off i will be the first one to start a new one!

long live freedom of speech! or freedom of smilies, as the case may be

oh, and  

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

I thought he was kidding....was just about to start a poll to have his carrot removed.

Smileys have rights to....fly, be free, lil yella fella.

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (camdiver @ Feb. 13 2004,09:42)]I thought he was kidding
<font color='#000080'>maybe he was - i don't know

my cat's lying in the vets dying slowly after being hit by a car, so i'm not in the best of moods and anyone who pisses me off is going to hear about it

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Sorry to hear that Kate

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>sorry to hear about your cat Kate
 hears a virtual hug.)

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (louigi @ Feb. 13 2004,09:55)]hears a virtual hug.)
<font color='#000080'>i think you'll find that's a virtual blues brother

thanks anyway. i've just found out that he's still alive this morning (after spending the night in an oxygen tent - there's another use for you digger) - so perhaps he'll be ok

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Peter, what are you on about AGAIN!

This feels awfully like the rather insulting post you made regarding Andys pricing structure.

If you're not in the mood, don't post.

I'm not looking to cause grief here, but neither will I avoid it if I feel someone is trying to intimidate.
Before anyone comes back with the usual "humour bypass" retort............... Just don't OK, I'm not in the mood!

Juz

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

it was the 'humour bypass' line that made me think he was kidding

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I'm feeling smug 'cos I got my balls and now I have to ask WHAT BLOODY THREAD ARE WE TALKING ABOUT.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Feb. 13 2004,10:54)]I'm feeling smug 'cos I got my balls and now I have to ask WHAT BLOODY THREAD ARE WE TALKING ABOUT.
aaaggggghhhhhhh

Now we have two additional topics/threads being updated....

I tend to use next to skip through posts so unfortunately tend to happen on it,  that I can accept and just skip past but now 2 more to navigate.

Oh what do I care, it's all kind of trivial in the grand scheme of things.  

Daz

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

People, people! Relax, chill, be mellow fellows! It was meant to be a joke that I thought you would all have the sense to see. I thought the line about "early bunny" and "jumping on my carrot" might have pointed that out, and indeed signing it "Victor Meldrew" should have.

What I thought you all might, just maybe have "the humour" to do was open up another thread titled "RE that bloody post", just like you did, and start again with the yellow heads. That would have been funny. Now I'm getting accused of trying to "intimidate". I mean FFS, get a grip. If you're that easily intimidated going to the shops for a pint of milk must be a struggle. All those nasty old ladies looking at you "kinda funny"(Joke Juz, calm down)

If you're going to come back and say "You should have used smileys", that would have been somewhat hypocritical of me, wouldn't you think.

Please feel free to carry on with your game! Sorry if my post had you cowering in the corner feeling "intimidated"

Peter
Look! Happy!

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Is it safe to come out yet ?

·
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Twas but a question Mr Daz which, in view of the fact that Mr P K instigated a poll I feel obliged, as a fully fledged nosy parker, to take part. I was prepared to vote on principle but it would be "the done thing" to have some idea about the cause of the PK outburst.

Having done some digging I gather the thread is the 23 page jobby that I have not bothered reading.

I have now voted "not to cancel it" as a) I dislike censorship in any shape or form. b) It is a free (albeit now contributary) forum. c) I really dislike censorship.

If any of the posts were done with humour/piss take in mind then thats fine - in my book. If they were intended to be serious then, as already stated by others so many times, stop bloody moaning and don't read them.

- I'm undecided on which face to use - pls decide which one is applicable to you and ignore the other.

[EDIT]Pls ignore Mr Angry Head. Mr Happy Head has won the day - hoorah.

·
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Feb. 13 2004,11:28)]People, people! Relax, chill, be mellow fellows! It was meant to be a joke that I thought you would all have the sense to see.
Blame it on the balls - everyones getting them and testosterone levels have increased everywhere. Once the arguements die down a bit we'll all discover we have spots again.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Feb. 13 2004,11:41)]Twas but a question Mr Daz which, in view of the fact that Mr P K instigated a poll I feel obliged, as a fully fledged nosy parker,
Hey, it was not a personal aaaagghhhh...  directed at anyone it was just a observation about the smilie post spreading and new topics being created (Although I am amazed you had not seen it  
  )

And now look, here I am contributing to a topic related to the original smilie post....  

Personally, I cannot see the point what so ever in the original (which is fine, the same could be said of the BSACvs PADI type topics) but 23 pages and increasing, not to mention numerous spin off topics.  
  aaaaggghhhhh

Maybe it's a virus, instigated by Mary and Woz to take over all forums on YD...  First surface interval, who knows where it will spread to (Black stern faces in the DIR forum  
).

Right I've said my piece, I present the evidence that this is a plot to tarnish YD with this cunning virus and boost the membership over at handbagnet.

Daz

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Feb. 13 2004,15:12)]Maybe it's a virus, instigated by Mary and Woz to take over all forums on YD...  
<font color='#000080'>just call them a pair of retards and have done with it!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate R @ Feb. 13 2004,15:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Feb. 13 2004,15:12)]Maybe it's a virus, instigated by Mary and Woz to take over all forums on YD...  
just call them a pair of retards and have done with it!
I can't  

I want a pair of those fin straps that woz is working on.

Oh what the hell,  Even if I have to buy a set from Denney or elsewhere at least I will feel better.

"You pair of F*cking retards"

Right, I feel better for that....

la la tum ti tum...  happy, happy.

Daz

1 - 20 of 28 Posts