YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm hoping to dive at Bicheno in a couple of weeks. So had a look at our local dive forum to check out current conditions and what do I see?

****** the bitey

George Pribble a commercial diver and mate of mine was buzzed by a rather large white pointer at Seymour Point just north of Bicheno on Wednesday.... Scared the s.... out of him... and put the wind up other guys working out of Bicheno.......Suggest you screw on that wide angle lens just in case
Ahhh faaaaaa------rckkk

Sometimes I just wish they wouldn't bother. We all "know" they are out there, I just don't like hearing confirmation of it. My dives will now be ruined because if it just once enters my mind, it's all I'll be able to think about; even in a Big Eyes mask, you can still wonder about what's behind you. It's a marine version of the bogieman and once I get that "being watched" feeling, it's all ruined.

I know, I know, I know. No diver has been chomped here in Tassie since 1992, so it's illogical to worry about it but all the same........I'm not looking forward to the stops.

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Richard I heard somewhere that if you dont move about much and disturb the water they dont see you as seal meat or injured large fish. How is your buoyancy then? Hold a 3 minute stop without finning? Mind that you dont have little shaving nicks that may ooze blood. Other then that enjoy your dive. I can hear the theme from Jaws playing in my head now!!!
:D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.