YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thought crossed my mind (not a long journey for any thought)... this diving mullarky wiv its Royal Dalton and Boils Law and stuff can cause all manner of strange things to occure in ones body. I mean, I have seen bubbles frothing-up out of the corner of someones eye after a dive and take for instance the time I surfaced from a dive in Barbados with a reversed ear. Not reversed as in 'back to front' you understand - it was still on the right way round - it just had pressure remaining inside. By the time the boat had returned to the beach the opposite side of my face to the ear in question had gone completely numb, dead like after the dentist thing! It had also dropped/drooped like that of a stroke victim - the whole of one side - scary:frown: . After 15-20 minutes of Quasimodo impressions the pressure zzzzzzzzzzzzwwwwippped itself out the Eustonstation Tube and my boat-race came back to normall:teeth:

Do YOU have a wierd story?

Berk:)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
It's definitely possible to get a chubby on underwater, all you have to do is lie on your back in the old drysuit and let the warm gas do its magic. Not worked out what to do with it yet though.

Thre was a guy whose eyes popped out the once, that has to be one of the weirder ones I think I encountered.

Gas does do some silly stuff mind. Not to be trifled with. Not underwater, anyway, the custard would go everywhere.

Digs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.