YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a week in the Scillies coming up in July and we've basically been told there's no o2 or nitrox available.

Has anyone managed to either find or take over o2? I don't mind going back to open circuit but seems an awful waste not to have the rebreather and extended bottom times when i'm going to be pootling with the cameras for a week...

Any ideas?

·
bored
2,308 Posts
1:- Get a 15L O2 clean, fill with O2. Decant!
2:- Borrow a couple of O2 cylinders and take a couple of full spares with you.(ask nicely, I have two)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Went a couple of years ago. Two of our group were on ccr and they took a couple of 15's filled with O2 plus a booster. After we'd done our oc dives they used our remaining gas to drive their booster. Worked very well

·
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, that's other option - although i'd need a load of 2L o2's for rEvo!

But not taking car over and have heard stories about ferry co checking cylinders - especially small ones with OXYGEN written on them!?

BTW - probably having a drop in dotty on Sunday if you want to get your breather wet? Bout time you installed those cells!? :D

·
bored
2,308 Posts
Yep, that's other option - although i'd need a load of 2L o2's for rEvo!

But not taking car over and have heard stories about ferry co checking cylinders - especially small ones with OXYGEN written on them!?

BTW - probably having a drop in dotty on Sunday if you want to get your breather wet? Bout time you installed those cells!? :D

{cough} off
Need to be sorting bathroom out w/e, need to get house rented before bump arrives.
Cells were fitted before Easter and enjoyed a lovely five days in the SoM, Rhum, Canna and Bo Fascadale.
The box never missed a beat.
Its the thought of jumping back in Dotty that fills my heart with such gleeful longing.....

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
OK - so i have an Ali80 02 clean... And some duck tape to cover those nasty oxygen stickers...

Who's going to lend me a booster for a week!? :D
I've been a couple of times with my RB. I just took three sets of threes (and only used two). That was for six days of recreational diving. The first time I went I also took a 12l of O2 and decanted from that. Do the maths and as long as you don't mind jumping in with 120 bar of O2 towards the end of the week you'll be fine.

Janos

·
Scuba diving obsessed IT geek
82 Posts
Have you got your own container or are you putting your stuff into the general foot passenger luggage one? Our club has our own container each year (we've been going for over a decade now) and we take a a shore based O2 kit with us which has 10l cylinder of O2. No-one has ever said anything about it.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
You don't need a booster, I've had a week of diving with just a 12 and decanted from that. Using 2's then I'd guess it would squeeze it out even longer, I was getting 100bar(ish) at the end of the week in a 3. When I had my KISS two sets of bottles was enough for 4 days diving, more if you were careful. Ah if only I could get two sets of spheres without selling enough body parts to make diving impossible.

·
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you got your own container or are you putting your stuff into the general foot passenger luggage one? Our club has our own container each year (we've been going for over a decade now) and we take a a shore based O2 kit with us which has 10l cylinder of O2. No-one has ever said anything about it.
Will have to check - we have a container that we're sharing with another club that are heading over...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts