YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gainsville, Florida. Dive centre recommendation's please.

Still thinking about getting the 2011 holiday booked up.

So any recommendations for a dive centre actually in or very near to, Gainsville, Florida.

We want to hire tanks and weights plus wil need some local knowledge and directions to go off on our own and dive the various springs.

Looking at doing 4 days diving before heading south to dive some more at west palm beach.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was hoping to find some place to rent tanks a bit more central to all the major dive springs that's why ive come up with Gainesville, as it would be a pain in the arse having to drive nort to get tanks filled then have to come back south to dive some of the other more southerly springs sites.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
There isn't really anything south of Gainesville until you hit Tampa. High Springs is the closest to Gainesville.

K.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Theres dive outpost (cathys place) or rennakers place down that way. I'd opt for cathy's personally.... but I have an aversion to trailers so that may explain it.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
HI

Gainsville Aquatic Centre

6450 SW Archer Road, Suite 120 Gainsville Florida. Phone +13523773483

Email [email protected]

The owner is a friend as is the manager. They do eco tours, canoe trips, open water diving, guided dives, etc etc etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
why dont you contact martin robson at eau2, as he seems to have a good knowledge of that area. i know that part of my full cave course is being done around that part of the sunshine state.

hth
nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts