YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I've finished my exams I have some spare time on my hand, so recommend me some books please:

Have read Shadow Divers, Deep Descent, Silver Bubbles etc

Interested in anything diving related really- Salvage, Caving, Wrecking etc

Looking at buying "Caverns Measureless to Man", anyone read it?

Cheers,

Dan

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
Vulcan 607 - cracking book

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
The Swarm, recommended to me by Garf. 870 pages long but it only took me 3 days to read it. Admittedly I was travelling on a plane or train for a fair period of those 3 days!

Not diving specific, but it is about how we are trashing this planet and how another life form, in the sea, is getting pissed off about it and decides to get it's own back on the human race. Lots of underwater stuff plus microbiology, geology, military weapons etc

:)

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Mr Helen bought me Port Royal: The Sunken City by Robert F Marx a few years ago for Christmas and I rather enjoyed that.

Bet you're relieved the studying is over - I know what that feels like. Good luck with the results.

Hxxx

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: A Practical Guide for Improving Communicatio

Well as I've finished my exams I have some spare time on my hand, so recommend me some books please:

If your married this might help you understand your wife more to get more dives in .

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: A Practical Guide for Improving Communication and Getting What You Want in Your Relationships

·
Registered
103 Posts
Meg triligy by steve alten
the last dive by bernie chowdhury

Both awesome.

Also I read a book by richard ellis called empty ocean, its not really a novel, but made a very interesting read if your into conservation and fish and stuff.

good luck!
x

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Descent into Darkness: Pearl Harbour 1941: a Navy Diver's Memoir by Edward C. Raymer.

ISBN: 0891417451

Fascinating book full of details such as; how do you know when you're in the presence of corpses in the complete darkness of a sunken battleship? By the tinkling of their finger bones across the top of your helmet.

Puts sports diving into context.

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.