YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Oman (Muscat) for a week over new year and was wondering if it was worth seeking out some diving.

What is it like?
What are we likely to see?
Who are the best operators in the area?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Or I could drag you out for a dive with Muscat Divers.....beards optional.

All depends on where you are staying. If you are here for other than diving reasons you don't want to stay at Nabucco Extra Divers resort. If you are in the Hyatt, InterCon, Radisson or Holiday Inn then Global Scuba at Aviation Beach will take you to the Damaniyat Islands. If you are elsewhere then BluZone at the Marina Bander Rowdah will take you to Fahal or Bander Khyran.
ODC are OK but a bit out of the city.

pm me for more details......

Neil

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Neil,

we are staying at the Chedi - partly for diving and partly just a relaxing break
Ah, ha......literally next door to me. A 5 min walk down the beach. Yannick at Global Scuba is probably the best bet then Diving in Oman he is a 10 min drive away but does pick up at the hotel. The weather can be rough in Jan so you may not make it to the Damaniyats but Fahal is a good backup.
Give me a PM closer to your arrival day for all the latest info.

Neil

·
Doyen of the Dodgy Dances, whilst being too legit,
1,635 Posts
Ah, ha......literally next door to me. A 5 min walk down the beach. Yannick at Global Scuba is probably the best bet then Diving in Oman he is a 10 min drive away but does pick up at the hotel. The weather can be rough in Jan so you may not make it to the Damaniyats but Fahal is a good backup.
Give me a PM closer to your arrival day for all the latest info.

Neil
As Neil says...

we were over there a couple of years ago in January. The Daymaniyats can be stunning. I wrote a trip report on my blog.

Mark’s Diving Journal » Oman Diving

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts