YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! I'm organising a trip to Nemo 33 near Brussels for the beginning of next year and looking for a reasonably priced hotel/B&B in the city centre.

I've done a little bit of research and Hotel Welcome Brussels looks pretty good for £75 per room per night, and also ticks the most important box - location. As we are staying for just the one night, we really could do with a place near all of the restaurants/pubs & bars plus the central train station for transfer to the airport.

Being a group of tight fisted scruffy divers we don't need a flashy place and would prefer to spend our money on beer rather than a hotel room, so any recommendations?

Many thanks
Bex

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Hi all! I'm organising a trip to Nemo 33 near Brussels for the beginning of next year and looking for a reasonably priced hotel/B&B in the city centre.

I've done a little bit of research and Hotel Welcome Brussels looks pretty good for £75 per room per night, and also ticks the most important box - location. As we are staying for just the one night, we really could do with a place near all of the restaurants/pubs & bars plus the central train station for transfer to the airport.

Being a group of tight fisted scuffy divers we don't need a flashy place and would prefer to spend our money on beer rather than a hotel room, so any recommendations?

Many thanks
Bex
We did Nemo last year and went through a similar process.

In the end we had to take a punt and went for what looked like an ok hotel.
We laugh about it now, but trust me you do NOT want the Hotel Ustel on
your list.

I know you mention flights, but Nemo is actually right on the South-west
outskirts of the city. There is a very fast motorway link to Dunkurque which
takes under 2 hrs.

Norfolk lines were about £50 for the crossing from Dover.

We are doing it again, but have been looking at hotels to the west of
Brussels and doing large chain discount deals. At the time we went, we
found out too late we could have got one of the majors for the same price.

Was a stunning trip though and cant wait to do it again.

Some of our lot chilling over the pit :cool:

Couple of things though.
No -T-Shirts allowed. You can take rash vests, but nothing that may run.
Plus if you have any BSAC Instructors, get them to present the CMAS
bit. CMAS Instructors get in free !!!!

HTH
Rgds
Tel

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
I go to Brussels quite regularly and usually book via Expedia. We will go for the weekend, fly with BA or SAS from Manchester and have so far stayed for 2 nights either at the Radisson or the Sherraton - both top-notch 5* hotels in the heart of the city (do it in style!). And the total cost for these trips? Well, normally something in the region of £150.

Can't go wrong at that, I'd say.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies! I'll have a look at the ferry and eurostar options, sort of assumed that it would be a bit of a mission but I guess airports and the whole flying thing isn't that straight forward anymore ;)

thanks again
Bex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.