YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I just received the folowing e-mail message, thought it might be of interest to someone:
Dear Divers,

I am delighted to offer you a special dive package to the Hilton Regal Rooms in Hurghada...

Seven night departures between 9 January and 26 March 2004 start from GBP 389 (pounds sterling).

This price includes your flights from London Gatwick, transfers, seven nights' b&b accommodation, and five days boat diving with tanks and weights.

THERE IS LIMITED AVAILABILITY SO PLEASE BOOK SOON TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

OFFER DATES:

9, 16. 23 January GBP 389
30 January GBP 419
6 February GBP 419
20 February GBP 479
27 February GBP 469
5, 12, 19, 26 March GBP 439

(Prices based on two people sharing and diving)

Supplements (per week):
Single room: GBP 70
Half board GBP 84

HOLIDAY DETAILS:

The Diving:

There's a good choice of sheltered dive sites accessible by day boat from Hurghada. There are many wrecks, most within safe diving limits and some of great historical interest.

Based at the Hilton, Emperor Divers are a British-managed dive company who have been operating in the Red Sea since 1992. The Red Sea Scuba Schools is a PADI 5-Star Career Development Centre and is the training arm of Emperor
Divers.

NOVICE
With both hard and soft coral and an abundance of marine life, the novice open water diver will find it completely absorbing. The many islets and lone reefs attract pelagic species such as sharks, mantas, eagle rays and some feature impressive pinnacles and towers.

EXPERIENCED
The reef at Abu Nuhas is accessible from Hurghada with several wrecks resting at its base. It's magical to swim into a cloud of glassfish on the Chrisoula K and the Giannis D and see lionfish stalking prey in dark corners of the hold. The most famous Red Sea wreck, the Thistlegorm and the British
cargo steamer the Dunraven (sank in 1867), are also possible on a longer trip, depending on local conditions.

The Hotel:

The Hilton Regal Rooms continue to be very popular with UK guests visiting Hurghada. The hotel is situated 10 minutes from the airport. The dive centre is a short walk away and a shuttle bus runs to the town centre throughout the day.

Emperor Divers are located on site and have their own private jetty at the Hotel.

These newly refurbished rooms offer an excellent option for both groups and individual clients and provide access to the extensive range of facilities at the Hilton Resort Hotel.

Accommodation:

Bed and breakfast accommodation with buffet-style breakfast in the main hotel. There are 4 rooms with private facilities and 1 superior room which consists of 2 bedrooms with a shared bathroom and lounge, ideal for families and groups. All rooms are air-conditioned.

Facilities:

There are a variety of restaurants including an excellent seafood restaurant overlooking the sea. There are bars, shops, a disco and a bank. The Hilton has a private beach, a swimming pool and a range of sports are available.
There is also a health club plus a spacious children's play area off the main pool. (Although guests in the Regal Rooms are unlikely to notice, the front rooms are currently being updated. The main restaurant, reception, bar and sports facilities are all still available but the main pool is not.)

If we can assist you with any queries or you would like to make a booking, please contact us on 0870 880 2848 or e-mail to: [email protected]

For more information on this or other offers, please see www.divechannel.co.uk or call us on 0870 880 2848. We look forward to helping you!

Kind regards

Ruth
DIVEChannel.co.uk

These holidays are protected by the Civil Aviation Authority

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Bleedin nora John don't post such things!!

I'm having absolutely no trouble bankrupting myself with this diving malarky without any help from you, thankyou very much!!

Just kidding of course - you may just have become an accessory to my financial suicide, and decided where I'm spending my 32nd (cripes - how did that happen!) birthday next year  

Anyone stayed/dived here ?

Cheers,
Dave.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I agree Dave, these postings are cruel, it only makes me drool and dream of the Red Sea.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave archer @ Dec. 04 2003,12:26)]Bleedin nora John don't post such things!!

I'm having absolutely no trouble bankrupting myself with this diving malarky without any help from you, thankyou very much!!

Just kidding of course - you may just have become an accessory to my financial suicide, and decided where I'm spending my 32nd (cripes - how did that happen!) birthday next year  

Anyone stayed/dived here ?

Cheers,
Dave.
Yes, I've dived from Hurghada several times. There are some very nice reefs, with lots of life, quite close by and, weather permitting, day trips to Abu Nuhas can be arranged if enough people want to go. There are several very nice wrecks there, including the Giannis D and the world-famous 19th century P & O liner Carnatic. Only the skeleton is left but it is a beautiful wreck and there is lots of life on it. I spent a week diving with Emperor Divers in January 2002. Their boats, diveguides and crew are excellent. They were voted best dive centre several years in a row by Diver's readers. In my opinion, this is an excellent offer, considering the good accommodation and the fact that you dive with Emperor Divers. Go for it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts