YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Having spent the *whole* of yesterday on the phone, I think we've managed to bag the last two flights out to the Red Sea at the beginning of April (the only week we could go for the foreseeable future). Alison and I are now booked on Cyclone for the week beginning 4th April, and very much looking forward to it.

Just wondered if anyone else from YD was going to be on the boat?

I've already found some good info about Cyclone in the archives (mainly from Adrian K I think), any other tips / info from people who've been on the boat would be very much appreciated.

Right, off to watch my Thistlegorm video again

Tom

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I took the kids on the cylclone last summer. Bethi did her advanced OW and did the Thistlegorm as her wreck dive, how cool is that?
Loved it! The crew were lovely and so were the guides (Dan and Kerry, dont know if it will be the same people since i dont know how often they change people, if they are the same then say hi from us)
The dive facilites were excellent, food good and plentiful, dunno what else to say really. it was cool.
we had some wierd weather so didnt gt everywhere that was on the usual itinery. but the substitute dives were good. did the million hope which is a huge wreck, facinating!
Somewhere i think i did a trip report on here. I will see if i can find it and bump it.
jules

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Cool, thanks Jules. Thistlegorm as first wreck dive -what's she doing for her wreck Specialty, Bikini Attoll or something?

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Cyclone is great. I was on it for my honeymoon - spacious, well appointed and really comfortable. Have fun you lucky bugger...

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Noel Johnson @ Mar. 23 2004,12:25)]Cyclone is great. I was on it for my honeymoon - spacious, well appointed and really comfortable. Have fun you lucky bugger...
Sounds brilliant. It's actually our first anniversary, our honeymoon was (mainly) French Polynesia so another diving trip seemed appropriate...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts