YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Check out planned trips for "Red Sea Divers Urgently Needed!"

9 divers needed for a trip to Sharm for 1 week from 2/11/03.

£695 including all diving staying in luxury at the 5* Hilton.

Take a look!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mark,

Love to join you but work, wife and 2 kids dictate otherwise.

Just something for you to check as I've no idea how strict Egypt is.   November (this year) is the Islamic holy month of Ramadan during which time muslims are required to fast (no food or drink incl water) during daylight hours.  In some countries (eg Saudi where I live)  this also applies to non-muslims, and restaurants etc remain closed until sunset.  I don't think that Egypt is quite as strict, and I would expect that you will be okay especailly in the hotel, but you might want to check.

Cheers,  John

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I've been to Egypt during Ramadan several times. It really doesn't affect us tourists at all. I'd warn against travelling by long-distance coach in the evening, though. As soon as the sun sets and the jerrycan of water has gone round the coach, all the Egyptians light up a cigarette – they are not allowed to smoke from sunrise to sunset either – and the air becomes thick with the smoke from their evil-smelling tobacco. You can hardly breathe  

1 - 3 of 3 Posts