YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Anyone fancy a week on a liveaboard in January???

put the main info in 'Planned trips', but I am looking to go around the 5th of Jan, after the new year hangover, and there are some good deal around... anyone interested

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I'm planning for February (strike permitting)what sort of deals have you seen?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Ok I may be up for this - actually I'm really up for this but problems, problems.

Hopefully I will be able to confirm next week.  

If a few of us decide to go then maybe we could get a group deal.

Don't care where we go or what we do but would prefer a boat with Nitrox capability.  5 days diving, 3+ dives per day - made for Nitrox!

(Edited by Timing at 9:59 am on Nov. 29, 2002)

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

timing
the two boats don't gave a nitrox facility and you have to go up to about 699 for one that has nitrox..
Im going to go for the ghazala i think.. for the reasons posted in planned trips.. I think its a good deal

Ian

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Ian - I think Orca-divers are over there in Jan - give Steve a ring

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Ian - I think Orca-divers are over there in Jan - give Steve a ring - oops - sorry, wrong ian !!!!

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

If there are a few of us up for it in Late Jan / Feb we really should get it together to organise it.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Ian & Co.

Just checked the red sea divers web, Looks good. Ian, What dates are you exactly looking at. Im up for it.
Does anyone know how warm the water is then???
Which Itinery are you looking at???
Nitrox, Is it really necisary in the Red Sea. There are depth limits and dive time limits arent there??

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I am very interested in a end Jan beginig of Feb trip
If you need numbers I would be greatfull for a slot

PS last Jan water was 15 at 40m an 20 near the surface. Wind chill made kitting up a bit cold. I used a 5mm wet but would take a Semi dry next time. Guides used dry suits. Dave and Margret are worth looking up as guides they were Very good. Breifings were informative and efficient and Margrets water colours of the dive sites are amazing. They have their own GPS and took us to some great sites. I have their Email add. NITROX By day three, four dives a day Nitrox was VERY welcom.

Many thanks

Mark Chase

1 - 11 of 11 Posts