YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just a quicky to say we had a fab time on the Cylone. The weather was pretty windy so it limited our itinery slightly.

Highlights were

1) Thistlegorm, 11 boats there on the day we went so first couple of dives convinced me that italiens dive the same way they drive (apologies to any italiens on this board who dont push and shove like their countrymen who dove the thistlegorm the day we did). The third dive was sensational though! everyone else had gone, just us lot, and I gave Matt (14 year old son) the best torch and invited him to lead the dive. He just loved it and got to see everything he missed when we dived it earlier with the crowds.
Bethi did her Wreck and Deep dives for her AOW on the thistlegorm too.

2) The Million Hope see http://www.touregypt.net/vdc/Millionhope.htm
Amazing massive wreck, exploring it was like exploring a space station, already getting a good covering of corals and life. It's gonna be a stonking dive in a few years.

3) Watching the sunset over the mountains one day moored up at Tiran and someone spotted two dolphins. Bethi (aged 12), Coral (aged 10) and I got our fins and snorkels and the zodiak dropped us in the water where they were last seen. These two spinner dolphins teased us for about 40 minutes, they were just playing together and swimming round us , a truely wonderful experience. By the end there were about 20 people in the water with the dolphins and they were herding us like a bait ball!

4) Underwater kung fu and play fighting, ok so by the end of the week you get a bit reefed out and matt decided to do every dive either upside down or as a bruce lee movie. So as his buddy I was forced to playfight and lose. I can handle it! nearly swallowed half the red sea laughing at his anticks.

Would definately recommend the cylone , lovely boat, great food. Dive, eat , sleep , truely the best way to do a dive holiday. Matt and Bethi great company as always

Bethi is now junior AOW and very competent. Matt is PADI black belt in kung fu!
Jules  

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Top stuff

I hope my two girls take up diving I would love to take them to the red sea. They both love the water and apear to be happy underneath it as well but they are 5 & 7 so a few years to go yet.

Great report made me feel all warm and smiley  

ATB

Mark Chase

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Hi Jules,

Glad to hear you and the gang had a good time - the million hope is good aint it although I was dissapointed on the middle section. The propeller is magnificent, there is a great hull section and then you enter a hold through on of the hull breaches and you see.......nothing (I thought this bit was crap) but then we proceeded up to the top deck which is superb. Did you notice the sack truck covered in corals?

Cheers, when are you off again?

Noel

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Jules,

Sounds like you and the kids had a great time! It's really whetted my appetite for our liveaboard trip in November. You can (and no doubt will!) tell us all about it at Mull next weekend. For the time being I'm busy reading my Red Sea dive guide!

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts