YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
YBOD and loving it
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

For the past 6 years, I have done a Red Sea Liveaboard (North, South, reefs & wrecks). It is now time for a change.
My immiedate thought was to do the Maldives again, but I have dived there a few times and although the diving is excellent, my gut is telling me to go for more wrecks.

So my wish list would be:

• Close enough to the UK for a 1 week holiday
  • A (good) Liveaboard (I'm too lazy for day boats)
  • Rebreather friendly
  • Plenty of Interesting wrecks in the 20 - 50m range (preferably next to reefs to make the deco more interesting)
  • Excellent vis (>20m)
  • Reliable diving conditions
  • Decent amount of marine life

I would consider the Bahamas for the shark feeds (politics aside, it's got to be a cool thing to see), but the rest of the diving any good? Are there any wrecks?
I have always assumed this would mean somewhere hot, but I am open to suggestions (Norway for example?)

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I can face Egypt again.

Cheers, Paul

·
ego postulo urino
3,325 Posts
Hi

For the past 6 years, I have done a Red Sea Liveaboard (North, South, reefs & wrecks). It is now time for a change.
My immiedate thought was to do the Maldives again, but I have dived there a few times and although the diving is excellent, my gut is telling me to go for more wrecks.

So my wish list would be:
  • Close enough to the UK for a 1 week holiday
  • A (good) Liveaboard (I'm too lazy for day boats)
  • Rebreather friendly
  • Plenty of Interesting wrecks in the 20 - 50m range (preferably next to reefs to make the deco more interesting)
  • Excellent vis (>20m)
  • Reliable diving conditions
  • Decent amount of marine life

I would consider the Bahamas for the shark feeds (politics aside, it's got to be a cool thing to see), but the rest of the diving any good? Are there any wrecks?
I have always assumed this would mean somewhere hot, but I am open to suggestions (Norway for example?)

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I can face Egypt again.

Cheers, Paul
Norway ?

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Don't think there that many wrecks in the Bahamas. It's mostly reef diving.

I've been thinking about North Carolina. Plenty of wrecks, loads of sharks, but it's all day boats.

Jason

·
ego postulo urino
3,325 Posts

·
YBOD and loving it
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sold!

I am in the same BSAC club as Onthetrain aparently (I say aparently, as I have yet to actually go diving with them despite being a member for 4 months!).

It doesn't look like a standard tour operator managed liveabaord though so if anyones thinking of organising a trip to Norway for 2008, I'll be there.

Cheers, Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.