YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi,

OK, this has been a nightmare, the bottom line is, I am not going to get the trip I originally wanted, but such is life. We have again pondered, discussed, and been told to get on with it the various options open to us. With only a week to do this in, flight times have been an issue. So, the final decision is a Southern Red Sea trip, I have been all over the Red Sea but not done the Brothers so we have decided to do that.

(Flight details added at the end) Please note because we are flying in and out of Marsa the itineary will be reversed, obviously substitue Hurghada with Masra Alam

The date is the 22nd April 2004, the cost is £1,059.00 per person, the boat is being launched as we speak, I have included a link. She is the same class as the Sea Serpent which is easily the best boat I have been on.

Please let me know all who are interested, the price is effected by the number of people we can get. If we fill the boat (20 people) I can do some serious battle.

Information on a sample itinery below.

As a last point I have dived both Daedelus and Elphinstone in the past, they are awsome sites, there beauty is beyond description.

Andrew

http://www.diving-world.com/blue_pearl.html

The Brothers, Daedalus reef & Elphinstone (7 Nights)

Diving World was the first Red Sea operator to introduce 7 Nights itineraries allowing you to dive on sites originally accessed on two-week trips. This is thanks to the class of Liveaboards that we operate, whose ocean sailing and navigational capabilities allow for nighttime sailing.

Day 1: Arrive HURGHADA: Check-in & overnight on board at Marina.
Day 2: Check Dive at Soma Bay, then diving Panorama reef & Sha'ab Shaer, sailing at night to the Brothers.
Day 3: Brothers the full day.
Day 4: Brothers the full day, Sailing at night to Daedalus.
Day 5: Daedalus the full day.
Day 6: Daedalus the full day, Sailing at night to Elphinstone.
Day 7: Diving at Elphinstone full day, Sailing at night to Hurghada.
Day 8: Hurghada Check out and transfer to airport.
Marine Park fee $ 100

Island Adventure
Brothers - Daedalus - Elphinstone

Diving World was the first Red Sea operator to introduce 7 Nights itineraries allowing you to dive on sites originally accessed on two-week trips. This is thanks to the class of Liveaboards that we operate, whose ocean sailing and navigational capabilities allow for nighttime sailing.
The Brothers' Islands, tops of two undersea mountains rising from the depth, are located about 50 N.M. offshore, at the sa,e lattitude of the town of Quseir. A protected area within the Marine Parks of the Red Sea, they offer breathtaking underwater scenery, wall diving along their perimeter and the possibility to spot a wide variety of pelagic activity.
Their walls are covered in a kaleidoscope of soft corals of all imaginable colours, black corals, forests of fan corals, making every dive a true feast for the eyes. Big tuna, shoals of jack fish and snappers cruise the blue, shadowed by hammerheads, grey reef sharks, silvertip, silkies and oceanic whitetip sharks; mantas abound during the cooler months. The thresher shark, an oceanic species, very rarely spotted close to reefs, circles the walls of the Brothers on a regular basis. The huge and spectacular moonfish can also be observed near the reefs. Nobody can ever get tired of diving the Brother Islands. Even wreck lovers get spoilt on the Brothers. The Aida II, an Egyptian supply vessel, and the Numibia, a cargo ship, lie on the walls of the Big Brother. They are covered in soft and hard corals, and are a real treat.
Daedalus Reef, also part of the Marine Park, is the most offshore of all the reefs in the Egyptian Red Sea. It is a big, oval reef with a lighthouse, and its perimeter of walls offers some of the most stunning diving in the Red Sea. Typical of Daedalus are its huge and pristine hard coral formations, and the possibility to spot schooling hammerheads. Thresher sharks, mantas and whale sharks can also be spotted here.
Last but not least, this itinerary finishes with Elphinstone, a truly legendary reef, with its northern and southern plateaus and walls festooned in soft coral. Hammerheads, grey reef and Oceanic sharks can also be spotted here on a regular basis.

Flight Details:

22nd April Gatwick - Marsa Alam XLA  5282 1015/1725
29th April Marsa Alam - Gatwick XLA 5283 1825/0030

The Blue Pearl

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Well you know I am going because this change of plan is all my fault
 Sorry

The wifes comming too so that shloud be fun. Loads of sneaking behind the bike sheads for a quick ***. (she dosent let me smoke) Remind me to pass you two boxes of Molbrogh lites before we get on the boat

Cant wait I have always wanted to do the Brothers

ATB

Mark Chase

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l'm still negotiating with mein fuhrer at Gestapo HQ, l'm 95% there.

My daughter would love to come but it would mean that daddy would have to pay, ........thinks.......... l still owe her a wedding prezzy..............ummmmh

l'll let you know by friday am whether one or two of us are coming.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Well l emerged from the wolf's lair mentally drained but suprisingly pysically complete so yes l'm going on this trip.

Andy l'll phone you to confirm.

There will only be me, my daughter can't comit at the moment.

Does this mean l'll be a DIC diver?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Howard, you got a link to a site which supplies those dive hoods? my old one is on it's last legs & I fancy going for the novelty approach
Steve

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Steve

Try
Link to previous thread

Its in my last post on the above thread, l've included this because you'll love what l named the link.

Fancy coming on this red sea trip Steve?

Quote- Novelty approach!!!!!!!!!

What l assume you mean is the well `ard techie look

Added

They will also make Batman, Spiderman or Superman drysuits, guess where my next drysuit is coming from?

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Sep. 25 2003,12:30)]Well l emerged from the wolf's lair mentally drained but suprisingly pysically complete so yes l'm going on this trip.

Andy l'll phone you to confirm.

There will only be me, my daughter can't comit at the moment.

Does this mean l'll be a DIC diver?
Dont worry M8 my wife and i will have a major row by day two so you can dive with her

Thats my plan any way

Chuffed to bits your on the gig

ATB

Mark Chase

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Mark.

In my e-mail to Andy l suggested that we all pay extra and offer WL a freeby just for the regular evening entertainment
DIC vs DIR

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Andy

Please could you add a couple of northern gals to your list please.

My mate will be ready for another holiday by April as she gets back from OZ in January.

Fiona

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

OK, a little list so far,

Andrew Phillips
Lizzy Heywood
Mark Chase
Ling Chase
Alex Konazowski
Anna Wyatt
Peter Bailey
Howard (The Horns) Tomkins
Fiona Broadbent
Jenifer Keenslide

We need more, the boat will hold 20, come on people, I know it's early to commit, but it will be fantastic.

Andrew

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Hi,

I still have 10 spaces for this trip, is there anybody interested in joining us.

Andrew#

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

If the November trip goes well, then I may be up for antoher one by then

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

These are very different trips, from what I understand in November you guys are doing a Northern Itinery, this is doing Southern sites, mainly the Brothers. Big walls, big fish, many giggles. Oh and the most luxurious boat in the Red Sea.

Andrew

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Thats what makes it so interesting, the south is next on my list. My diving so far has been shore based, either shore diving or day boats, so I want to see how I feel about spending a whole week on a boat.

If I like this week, then the best way to see the south will be by boat, but if I don't I'll probably go to Marsa Shagra or something similar. But I reckon I'll like the boat

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>This months Dive magazine has an article on Southern Red Sea and looks at Liveaboard versus Land Based, not a huge article but you can get some information from it.  If you go land based you have a very long RIB drive out about an hour to the sites and the air temps are about 40 degrees and can get bumpy.  My advise would always be liveaboard.

Fiona

·
5,997 Posts
Imported post

You are probably right, I think live aboard is generally a better solution, but have to confess I quite enjoy the camping, dashing around in jeeps and ribs thing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>i would love to come, but i will need to do some serious negotiations with my better half. i take it it is an open invite?
?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts