YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Quite stunning Tim! The pictures of the single fish in the blue, the nudibranch and the turtle are superb! Well done mate.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Thanks Bren.  To be honest I was amazed at how well some of these turned out.

Of course there are also a whole load that are just rubbish.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>You shouldn't be surprised Tim - I know just how hard you worked at them.

As you know, the turtle is my favourite, but I think that's only because I was right beside you when you took it. The nudibranch on the red coral is a truly stunning image though.

Can't wait to get the full CD of your portfolio.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Cheers guys.

Pierre, the set-up is the Oly 5050z and PT015 housing.  No strobes other than the internal one - the close ups use the strobe and the scenics / blue water ones are juswt available light.

All with a little colour correction in PS.  

The wheel required a little more manipulation - create a copy of the background layer - apply a layer mask and paint into the layer mask around the wheel to reveal the colours of the original layer - easy.

Tim

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>timing, your fantastic pics have just upset me...

im facing a weekend up at capernwray and you've spoiled it, im gonna be thinking of blue water, nudibranches and turtles, and the clown fishies!

i loved the wheel, and the nudibranch.

when i dived sharm i did the photography adventure dive for my advanced and missed the 'slug' cos i looked through the view finder at close range, how silly! cant wait to get back with the digi...

chris

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

As a beginner I have to say that digital rocks - I could just keep shooting, easily adjust colours on the pc afterwards and, if I didn't get a shot I liked, then go down again and shoot some more.

Good thing about the C5050 is that it captures in a range of file formats including raw - so I don't have to worry about white balance etc - I just do that in the RAW file converter - excellent!  The Nudi was taken in raw so I can still play around with the image and try and get the piccy to be better.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Brilliant pics - the C5050 has some great press. Was the clownfish in anenome a supermacro shot

love the fish in the Blue - excellent indeed !!!!!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

Cheers kirky.

The clownfish was a macro shot and the image cropped - thats the benefit of a 5mp camera.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Imported post

Tim,

Great shots - the the big fish in blue is brilliant- Made ours from the last two years seem liked they had been shot with a box brownie without the underwater housing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts