YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

After several attempts I have finally come back from a trip with a few photos I'm actually quite happy with, there not perfect but I like 'em.  They were taken using a Sea & Sea MX10 / YS40.

Darren

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

Sorry That didnt transfere over too well.

Try Again

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Anyone know why when I reduce the file size so I can upload it, it all goes a bit blocky?

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Its because its a jpg - better to reduce the size first and then adjust the quality (I'm assuming you reduced the quality first). If this si the res your camera has first chucked out then send me an original and I'll see if I can do any better

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Nice pic. A tip is do all image adjustment in TIFF mode, then convert as the last activity. Working on JPEGS causes loss of data as the image is compressed. TIFFS do not lose any data as they are not compressed.

Just noticed you used the MX10 so I am assuming that you scanned the pic onto your PC. If this is right then next time scan it in, save as a TIFF file, adjust/crop etc and only convert to a web size jpeg at the end. Always save pics as TIFFS as they will print better too

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

where is the picture taken? the million hope by any chance?
jules:D

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Julia, It's the Giannis D.

I have some nice shots of the Million Hope which if I get things sorted I'll try and post.

Kirky, I'll try rescanning as a TIFF and see what happens.

Thanks all

Darren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts