YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...

The good news - off to Sharm for a week - flying out on Sunday

The bad news - SWMBO says I can have 1 (poss 2 days) of diving...

So...

If I only get to do 1 day, what dive should I do?
Ditto if 2 days?

(BSAC AD, ERD, Tx, RB diver)

·
The plan is vital, it's something to deviate from.
487 Posts
One day only:

Book a Dunraven trip - you go out and dive Dunraven then dive Ras Mohammed on the way back (Check that the operator you use does it that way!!)

or

Ras Mohammed, and probably Ras Ghoslani or similar reef on the way back

or Reefs in Tiran

Any of these are superb dives, I'd suggest Tiran in winter and Ras Mo in summer (May to October)

Two Days diving:

Either one of the above you haven't done or Thistlegorm?

Be aware that operators may ask you to do a local dive before taking you on one of the above - prepare SWMBO in advance because a poxy local dive at a site* trashed by hordes of novice divers with more lead and enthusiasm than buoyancy control can't possibly be expected to count as one of your precious days proper diving...:)

*She doesn't need to know this isn't really true!

·
434 Posts
Be aware that operators may ask you to do a local dive before taking you on one of the above - prepare SWMBO in advance because a poxy local dive at a site* trashed by hordes of novice divers with more lead and enthusiasm than buoyancy control can't possibly be expected to count as one of your precious days proper diving...:)
Yes, some operators won't budge on the issue.

Red Sea Diving College on the promenade will. Red Sea Diving College. At least they did last year. Turn up with all your cards (I see you're a RB diver with ERD etc) and they may relent. They won't do it without a struggle though. Money for nothing is a hard thing to pass up.

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
push her under a train.

Neill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts