YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Reels, wrecks and blobs. - Am I an endangerd species.

• Tie reel to wreck etc before "bagging off".

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't tie on to anything before "bagging off".

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

3,278 Posts
Imported post

Hi

We have discussed this elsewhere. I have also been 'taught' to tie off to a wreck and also to deploy midwater. I've never liked the tie off option because you can't rely on finding a place to tie off, I'd rather not touch the wreck believing in conserving the experience for other divers, and lastly, I'd rather reel in from a shallower part of the dive rather than my max depth.

Kindest Regards

WL

3,278 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Laurence @ July 14 2003,20:12)]Hi all, just a piont i would like to raise with WL, if your bagging up from a shallower depth than normal, could you not find yourself a little bit away from your boat.

If your deploying from shallow then even with a very mild current you and your blob could pop up far from your boat and they may not see you, in fact most of the skippers i have dived with have said that if you bag up you bag up from the wreck, not midwater unless you have too.

Also, i dont see anything wrong with tying into the wreck before you deploy, it can save many a birds nest and stressfull times.

All the best

Laurence
This has been discussed elsewhere in the equipment section under reels.

This thread is a poll and I gave my vote.

Kindest Regards

WL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.