YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Reels, wrecks and blobs. - Am I an endangerd species.

• Tie reel to wreck etc before "bagging off".

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't tie on to anything before "bagging off".

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Imported post

Made the same point on handbagnet, but I just don't see the necessity. I'll hjave to go over and see whether the thread's gone much further. I'm sure it's got down to pointless name-calling by now...

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Imported post

OK, I've got to be honest, it one of those whatever suits situations, and I can see why you'd tie off, but I don't see it as necessary for me. Others may vary, but it's not my style.

Another one I had last week was a buddy who wanted me to fire the blob, while he did the reel. Kept things simple for him and me, but there was no backup. All those spare hands could be used for double-reeling. What's going to happen when you're on your own? What about when you lose your buddy and really need to bag off well, having not practiced it for months? Interesting what other people never really think about. I like to get my oar in whenever I see someone doing things in a new way, andoften they show me a better way of doing things, but I'm still not convinced about tying things onto wrecks.

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Imported post

I knew we'd find someone! Proof at last that mayb we shouldn't be encouraging newbies to be doing this. There is quite a lot of lift in an SMB, and I knew someone would have done it. 10/10 for effort. Did someone offer to sign you up for a S&R Spec after?

Other one is I know the permanent shot is bad for the wreck too, but just because we do one, doesn't mean we have to do both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.