YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

reg hose on pony

846 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  kinetic 
#1 ·
Imported post

Dear All,

For tucking my reg hose away on my pony, what is the best thing to use?

Inner tube?...but inner tube from what type of tyre would be the best size around a 3 litre..a bicycle inner isn't big enough.

A sit ontractor tyre, scooter...??

If you could advise I'd appreciate it so I stop buying inappropriate sized tubes...(wait for the gags).

Cheers all.

Graham

#4 ·
Imported post

You can buy elasticated rope in several thicknesses at chandlers or B&Q. I have had the same stuff on for years and it is unchanged by water. It is also handy to get a couple of meters just for odd things, it only costs a few quid.

James  

#5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Graham,

Sorry no chance to reply yet, will do tomorrow. As for the inner tube get yourself over to your local ATS or whatever you have in Luxembourg, and ask for a range of old inner tubes from Mini size through to tractor. This should account for all eventualities. I use a large one on my single rib dive set for holding the flag in place during my dive.

c u in May.

g.

#8 ·
Imported post

Thanks for all the pointers.

I bought an inner tube for a whel barrow...too tight. Just gets oaround the pony cylinder but no room for the hose to be pulled clear easily and safely...so next size up for me.

All I was planning to do was have my pony front mounted clipped off to the 3D ring I attached to my belt harness on my wing and to the shoulder D clip. It would hang on my left side. I was just going to leave the hose tucked in with the second stage just held in place by the top bit of inner tube....

Any comments/further tips welcome.

Cheers for now.

Graham

#13 ·
Imported post

I actually don't have a wheelbarrow......lol.

It's all under control....I did try the diagonal cut on the inner tube and it worked a treat.....my wife suggested it to me as I was moaning that the bloody thing was too tight.

Anyway...thanks again for yll your help.

Have a good weekend.

Graham

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.