YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I remember vaguely seeing a link to a post on 'Deco stop' about modifying a surgical tube necklace with bungee cord as a good means of stowing your secondry/pony reg. Can anyone remember where it was or some computer tek post me a link, Id be bvery grateful.

ta

Ian

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

If you want to make a necklace from bungee, you can either just make one big loop for your head, and a much smaller one to put the reg mouthpiece in, or otherwise take the cable ti off the mouthpiece, and put one end on, round your neck and then the other end on, and cable tie back around mouthpiece. This is very common, but I often use the double loop, as I go from singes to indies, to single + pony, and back again a lot. Works just as well. And if your buddy does go for it, it can still come out of the loop so you won't get garotted by their panicking!

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

thanks digger

I have already made a couple out of bungie and looked at the idea of removing the silicone mouth piece and then tying the bungie in to it, so you can put it straight in your gob! if needed quickly;and its secure (see deco stop, regulater forum)

But I saw a link to a means of using thin bungie inside the surgical tubing and then having the regulater held in the bungie loop. It looked a good idea and I find the yellow tubing necklace more secure and less dangly then using just bungie.

I guess Ill just take a pair of scissors to the necklace and give it a go...

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Thanks again fellas
but thats still not it!

I think it was defo on 'Deco stop' Other than this I am now dreaming in 3d diving kit, which is really really sad.

Im going to give it a go for making what I think it was and will post the result if I can...

thanks for the help..

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts