YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All,
I have recently got my own kit, and would appreciate some tips on better placing of hoses on first stage, I use a S/pro mk25Af/s600-r-380 config, with BCD and dry Hoses, problem with two hoses that angle back toward cylinder almost touching neck,makes it impossible to fit cylinder handle and two are square , and not much leeway for movement etc, if I turn the 1st stage around so the square ones run across cylinder, angled pair dont look too Good against back of BCD bending hoses, would S/Steel swivels be OK to change angle ?, or has someone had and cured this minor niggle another way ?.

Many thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
Imported post

How about fitting your tank higher up, the regulator shouldn't be touching your bcd like that, it sound like its too low.
I have a near identicle reg (Mk20 with s600 & r380 + 2x inflators), I have the angled ones pointing towards me, I have the swiveled part of the reg pointing down.
I have used my reg with a lot of different bcd's, wings, harnesses and have never had the problem you have.  Only problem I have had a couple of times is with some hire cylinders the neck is to short and I have to put the reg on it upside down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

I set up the reg with the turret below the A clamp because there's less protruding to either strike you or get struck,  45 deg ports facing the bc. I use the 180 deg ports for my regs because I find it makes reg recovery easier and the 45 deg ports for my suit and bc inflator.   A conventional short hose 2nd stage octo if mounted from the left gives the receiver greater freedom of movement.  Personally I don't have an octo on the main cylinder anymore, I have a pony and donate the reg from my mouth.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the reply ,Seems like I had better get the spanners out, as you both have the 45 deg ports facing you/BCD, also will double check cylinder to BCD height (using 15L at present- did OW in July, 11 dives to date, air consumption should get better with experience ), finally can see the benefit with Octo on my left for users right side so will move Suit feed as well.

Cheers for advice  

Mark.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Mark
I can vouch for the long hose on primary for donation rather than the octo. I have the occy necklaced (for me if the main one breaks, we have debated that before so no more please) and a pony clipped in on the right.
I find that keeps the hoses tidy. Dont over tighten the hoses or you'll strip a thread - not good!
The long primary is a worth looking in to, it makes it much easier for the recipient, short occy hoses are not ideal IMO.
as the left means its upside down for you, right means its upside down for your buddy, the long hose gets around that nicely. The pony can also be handed off if needs be and is rigged accordingly.
HTH
Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts