YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a piece of (preferably free) software, which I can put the date that something is due into, and it will remind me a set period beforehand that this is becoming due.
I don't want to use it as a calendar, or do repeating things, but I would like to put dates in such as "Cylinder requires test" or "insurance due" so that it reminds me in advance, so I can't forget things as I have a habit of leaving things until the last minute.

Any suggestions ?

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
do you have MS works the calendar function is fairly good in that for reminders i think.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am having a play with mini reminder at the moment.

I actually *want* something to run in the PC all the time, so that it starts up without me having to think about it and just tells me when I need to do something :)

·
Lord Protector of the Pies and Defender of the Bee
1,021 Posts
Sign up for Google and get a countdown timer or use the calender feature and get it to send you an email. Or go down to the shop and buy a diary:) Or tell your wife to remind you, and then she will remind you the day after its too late

·
Confused but happy
68 Posts
Derek, try iGoogle ("http://www.google.com/ig"). Sign up for an account as previously mentioned, then customise it and set it as your home page.
Every time you open your browser you get a calendar (with reminders) mail, news, weather and any number of other options displayed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.