YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All to be sold together, as they match and work!

Contents of sale are:-

The camera is a Sony PC10 mini dv.
Standard and extended use batteries for camera. With charger and manual etc.

Sartek remote video head, and mounting bracket(when I take it off my hood)! This is the Colour version with 0-infinity focus. No more focus 'hunting' in and out. It's low light levels are very well suited to uk diving, sometimes better without a torch. The connectors are all 'wet plug' type, can be connected and disconnected underwater if you so wish. there are no marks or scratches anywhere on the head unit.

Sartek Industries, Inc. SHC Head Cameras

S/Steel housing was made by a Ferrari Engineer - It's double o-ring sealed and indestructable. Unlike some of the plastic fantastic housings people are touting about. I could only pressure test it to 150mtrs as that's the most we dare put in the test pot!!. Dimensions are 6" wide and 8.5" tall.

The head is 12v and is powered from a seperate battery that sits under the camera in the housing. You will run out of tape before any batteries go flat.

The camera is set to record and then sealed in the s/steel housing, this does away with any external switches and therefore potential leaks.

I mounted the housing under my arm, clipped to the backplate on the Inspiration.
It probably weighs about 2.5 kg in the water. A bit more on land!

You can see what the price of the head unit alone is going to cost, even before import duty/tax carriage etc.
The housing cost £400 to build.
The camera was £1200 new.

I would like sensible offers only for such well built kit.

If you want plastic housings that only go down to 40mtrs - look elsewhere, or try Toys 'R Us...!!

I have not qouted any postage fee's because collection would be better.

Enzo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back up again due to the normal round of excuses.

PLEASE, if you say you want it, don't go all silent and have me chase you up. Only to discover you were only 'window shopping'.

Anyhows, it's now open to sensible offers........

Enzo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts