YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Pastafarian Member
393 Posts
Steve
Based on your last two post's, you appear to have issues. Are you a frustrated Early Adoption, beta tester or simply not feeling the luv from OS. Either is ample justification, just curious. The ginger one has the charm and communication skills of a tard, as demonstrated in this section so I'm sure there are sympathic members.

Cheers
Sag

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
to be honest the damage is done to the Apoc by OSEL and their car crash marketing policy. Wouldn't let the existance of a forum section concern you, its more of a timely reminder of what appaling PR can do.

·
You think I know nothing....and I do!!
562 Posts
Steve....such harsh words......c'mon, feel the lurve.:boyhug:

You know we are going to get really really really good news today dont you??(ah-hem)

Anyway, vans loaded and I'm off to take a splash or two with one of OSEL and Shearwaters finest.

·
Bashing head against brick wall
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sag, I've got no horse in the race. I nearly put down a deposit but, as discussed with Yanosh, I was warned off by someone who knew Alex and doubted the bullshit he was peddling. Seems like that was an exceptional call :)

I'm actually impressed with the build of the O2 unit having seen one in the flesh.... more than poor Ivan has!

However this just isn't anywhere close to what Alex was promising all those years back. It's the fact that he is quick to blame everything on factors outside his control. (Section removed as I was talking about ancient history!)

Monty I'm already a member of RBW and I think it was a good call on Curt's part to cut off the lifeblood of publicity for the ginger chancer.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
However this just isn't anywhere close to what Alex was promising all those years back. It's the fact that he is quick to blame everything on factors outside his control. How realistic is it that he'd plan a move to a data centre in a Swiss mountain just in time to disrupt the 'good' news planned for today.
TBF the 'news' about the data centre move was allegedly posted on their site on 18th August.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
I've often wondered why the admin of YD give Deas so much free advertising space and why the Mods cut him so much slack even when all the veiled threats towards other members came out a few months ago. I would partly like to see the forum in the bin but equally I dont think there is anything consistently offering so much comedy value.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
That's for real? I thought it was just Steve Harris taking the p1$$.

I'm with Stuart - this thread really is worth it for comedy value. You just could not make this sh1t up!

TBF the 'news' about the data centre move was allegedly posted on their site on 18th August.

·
Diving is expensive, live with it!
1,215 Posts
Still no newsletter - remind me which timezone they are in?

·
No longer open water diver
1,319 Posts
No need to delete the sub-forum, just rename it 'Vapourware'.

·
Mr potty mouth: Sweeping generalist...............
2,382 Posts
OY,
Leave the worlds safest rebreather forum alone. As far as functional safety goes I am happy that it continues to appeal to the kind of people that want to be safer on a breather and that they continue to see the benefits in the only way that this iCCR concept could ever be delivered.

Better this than the law suits when they realise that there is no such thing as a crumple zone or autopilot under water......

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I think they're under the Swiss Alps now - maybe they're snowed under :)

That means they're 1 hour ahead of you.
would that be the Swiss Alps that contain CERN.....has AD done a risk assessment on the location of his servers.....

they've probably all been sucked into a black hole and as the event horizon of a black hole distorts time itself, there is every chance due to time dilation the newsletter will have actually been posted today but in fact turns up in a months time.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
they've probably all been sucked into a black hole and as the event horizon of a black hole distorts time itself, there is every chance due to time dilation the newsletter will have actually been posted today but in fact turns up in a months time.
Or they might turn up yesterday, as the APOC must be able to travel through time, as it seems to be able to do everything else.

(Except arrive on peoples doorstep that is)

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Or they might turn up yesterday, as the APOC must be able to travel through time, as it seems to be able to do everything else.
having reviewed my collection of OSEL newsletters i can confirm the newsletter due today was in fact released 2 months ago.....or maybe i'm just expecting it to say the same as before..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts