YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone now how long it takes to replace the paper license to the new plastic one? My paper one is disentigrating and even with all the cellotape it's in a very sorry condition.
Although I licve in portugal theoretically I should transfer the license I still have the UK one and tend to keep it (using a relatives adress). I'm wondering how easy is the process of transfering it and how long it would take. Would it mean a trip to Uk to do it?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
So long as you have proof of posting if you get stopped in the UK it should be sufficient. I would photocopy though as a precaution and as a backup in case they lose your paperwork. Bear in mind you need a colour photo, NOT black & white, you can get a UK Post Office to check your paperwork is ok before you send it off (in theory anyway, they screwed mine up and I was without my licence for 9 months), they charge for this 'service' of course. You could always claim you have lost your existing one and just request a duplicate, it will have to be a photo one though, so its the same paperwork etc.

Matt

edit - nice one Jay,. beat me to it, cant recall the cost difference, I had to claim mine was lost after the PO screwed up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chris,

I have just done this it took about 3-4 weeks and was free as I was changing an old paper licence from one address to a new photo licence at another address. Including time for them to ask me to send extra paperwork to prove I am actual me! (Identity fraud stuff from the government I should be pleased that they check but it does make the process worse)

ATB

Matt

·
more posts than dives? book a boat asap
1,079 Posts
i must have been lucky as mine was back in about three days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts