YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Does anyone know where I can download copies of basic rgbm tables on the net if there is such a thing. I use a vyper and it would be nice to have a set of tables to match. All I have are my padi ones and my TDI ones which are nothing like the profiles the vyper gives me.

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi

I think Vplanner uses the new RGBM model and I think Jplan does too. How you get tables out of them I don't know but you can compare with the Vyper dive plan mode. The Vyper will usually be more conservative than the tables IMO (well they are on my Vytec when I've bothered to check)

Andy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Imported post

RGBM tables are available on the web from Bruce Wienke's site (www.rgbmdiving.com) along with a lot of technical papers. Unfortunately they're not free - $25.00 per set.

Gap deco software has also been released using the RGBM alogrithm (www.gap-software.com) and you can download a trial version which you can use for a whole (very generous!) four days, after that you'll have to pay out $199 and look cheerful.

The Vyper uses a traditional Haldanian model with a modified recreational version of the RGBM folded over the top of it. VPM-B (probably better not to use the original version as it gave short shallow stops) uses the Varying Permeability Model which might be similar to RGBM but is not the same.
HTH

Robert

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

For that 4 days you could put a lot of permutations through the thing, and come out with a nice set of tables!!! You could even run some potential deco situations, and put them all nicely into a little file, which you would then send to me, as I'm after something similar for shallower diving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts