YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

OK I've managed at last to get some pictures on the camera - some good ones too from Cyprus......

Now I've seen some pictures where the colour has been added in using a paint program - how do you do this?

Also what paint programs can you use? As I'm not a massive photographer I don't really want to go to the expense of something like Paintshop - is MS paint capable of doing the same?

Thanks in Advance!!

Chris

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Best you can use are Photoshop (Elements or CS) and then look up my colour correction post within this subforum for advice.

You need something more than MS Paint!

If you want to post a couple I will see what I can do and then show you what I have done with screen grabs.

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
the new CS3 looks great...
CS3:eek:mg: I still can't use 2:embarassed: managed to work the "Save For Web" bit though!!!!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
CS3:eek:mg: I still can't use 2:embarassed: managed to work the "Save For Web" bit though!!!!!
LOL - well I have both CS2 and CS3 and number 3 seems rather fabulous actually.. and easier to use than CS2 which can not be bad... god I love photoshop (what an anorak I am indeed)

LOL

B x

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pants at paint programs......

And I've just remembered my laptop is knackered so I'll have to put the pictures up tomorrow.........

:frown:

·
Just another pikey diver...
1,993 Posts
I have to say, Photoshop Elements is more than capable, and at ca. £50 is infinitely better value than Photoshop CS2 or CS3 at more like £500. I'm very tempted by CS3 (for other reasons) but I'd strongly recommend picking up (or downloading a demo of), and mastering, Elements first. There's very little it can't do. And the standard Underwater filter action works perfectly well with Elements as well as CSx.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I have to say, Photoshop Elements is more than capable, and at ca. £50 is infinitely better value than Photoshop CS2 or CS3 at more like £500. I'm very tempted by CS3 (for other reasons) but I'd strongly recommend picking up (or downloading a demo of), and mastering, Elements first. There's very little it can't do. And the standard Underwater filter action works perfectly well with Elements as well as CSx.
I have a feeling that B didn't pay the full amount for CS3!!

I am perfectly happy with PSCS (and I did buy an original but claimed it against the business!) and you can see what I can do with it! PS El doesn't have curves from what I remember which is sometimes crucial for some of the stuff I want to do.

Regards

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
£50 isn't too bad in the scheme of things............

I'll post the pictures up tomorrow - it would be great to see the difference!!

·
Just another pikey diver...
1,993 Posts
PS Elements 5 does some sort of curves - if not as good as CSx.

Shame on B - unless eg she's a "student" too!

(In my case I've got a genuine Dreamweaver Studio MX package I can upgrade to the CS3 web suite for a horrendous amount which is about the same as CS3 - so you can argue whether I buy PS CS3 and get DW, Acrobat, Illustrator etc free - or buy a needed upgrade to DW and get the rest for a few bob ... But I haven't taken the plunge yet - it's a lotta dosh. As a Government employee working in this kind of area - OK, I don't have to buy tools for work, yet! - but I do similar stuff at home... - I'm a bit loathe to contemplate anything other than kosher software! It wouldn't do my professional standing too much good...)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
laptop still broken - I'll have another go tomorrow......

If it's that good I'll just get myself a copy - I can honestly say at the moment I'm not running any pirate SW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts