YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Poseidon regulator service kit for my triton regs and cant believe what the service kit contains for 20 quid 2 o rings and a new popet valve thats it 3 items for 20 quid so i think i have the most expensive orings in the world :( sure their actually worth 10p...rant over:angry:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True and its still cheaper than paying someone to mess it up for you and it comes with the comfort of knowing its been done properly i think its worth it but still expensive

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Where'd you buy the service kit from?

I'm not familiar with the Triton but I know that the Cyklons usually come with at least 13 O-rings (each model is slightly different) and 5 other bits!

I don't think you have a proper service kit!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got it from a ebay seller and thats all the service kit should come with its a very simple reg they discontinued it in 03 i have had them to bits and their are only 3 removable parts http://www.scubadiving.com/files/old/images/ss/200104_regs_poseidon-triton.jpg thats a pic of them 2 orings for the swivel at the bottom and one poppet valve.
need my tanks filling so i can service them got to wait till Saturday though :(

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
i got it from a ebay seller and thats all the service kit should come with its a very simple reg they discontinued it in 03 i have had them to bits and their are only 3 removable parts http://www.scubadiving.com/files/old/images/ss/200104_regs_poseidon-triton.jpg thats a pic of them 2 orings for the swivel at the bottom and one poppet valve.
need my tanks filling so i can service them got to wait till Saturday though :(
OK....I had a quick look and could only find the list below but I'm not familiar with Tritons at all so I guess I'll :zip: :)

Service kit No 3826
for breathing regulator TRITON No 3750
No pcs
1167 1 Locking strap
3724 1 Diaphragm
1377 1 Cup-type filter
2803 1 Valve seat
2822 1 Washer
3726 1 Valve sealing
1007 1 O-ring
3728 1 “
1156 2 “
1368 1 “
1839 1 “
2656 1 “
2782 4 “
3734 2 “
2918 2 “

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this has no filter on the second stage from the exploded diagram i have you can see their are only 3 parts that need replacing on the service guess im paying a premium as their not made anymore oh well will be worth it once thier working only paid 106 for both second stages and a first stage with spg not too bad 150 for a working set :) if they breath well that is if you have the poseidon service manual (2003) their on page 141

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I bought a Poseidon regulator service kit for my triton regs and cant believe what the service kit contains for 20 quid 2 o rings and a new popet valve thats it 3 items for 20 quid so i think i have the most expensive orings in the world :( sure their actually worth 10p...rant over:angry:
that,s maybe just the 2nd stage kit ,, im also not up on theTriton, but I know the Cyklons 300 and 5000

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats all i bought it as the first stage kit has loads in but that was 20 quid too thats my argument your paying 20 quid for each service kit even if it has 3 parts...and manufactures wonder why people service their own kit

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
thats all i bought it as the first stage kit has loads in but that was 20 quid too thats my argument your paying 20 quid for each service kit even if it has 3 parts...and manufactures wonder why people service their own kit
last time i got some was 15 plus years ago ,, 9 quid that was the 1st stage kits i got 6 at the time i think ,, i still have some of them ,, i just used to buy 2nd hand Cyklons 300 and 5000 off ebay ,, strip for parts ,, ,, to tell the truth ,, most parts are good for 20 plus years ,, just need a good clean once a year ,, iv got reg with the hp seat sill in from when i got them 25 years ago ,, works fine ,,

think theres about 120/150 pound s worth of bits on a 2nd stage if you went to the lds ,, for em ,,

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats my thought look after them and they will last a life time but when i got them they hadn't been looked after i even had to rinse out the hoses with citric acid as their were salt deposits inside them things like that first stage was so badly corroded i soaked the handwheel post for 8 hours and i stiull had to bang the allen key in cos i stripped them the first time i tried removing it i don't see how people can treat their kit like that :( poor kit

·
Registered
455 Posts
Remember when they came out back in the late nighties a number of customers of the shop I was at complained about the heavy vibration on inhalation.
A number went back to Poseidon, due to length of time since then and my fading memory can't remember what happened about this. One chap was happy with his, he still owes me £25 for a boat I paid for!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have head about the stuttering on breathing problem have had regs that do it before imo should be able to sort it with adjustment of first stage :) their also amazingly light, dont suppose you know anyone who is selling them as im looking out for some more
why did you buy him a boat :O

1 - 14 of 14 Posts