YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been there to dive in December? If so how was it and which dive operator did you use? Any feed back on the wetaher / viz, temperatures would / Dive Operators is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will probably stay at the Catalonia, 5 minutes from the Marina as we stayed there before. Just never dived in mexico.

·
I have a fat arse
1,031 Posts
If your staying at the Catalonia riviera Maya in Puerto Aventuras:

Walk out of the resteraunt 5 paces and have a word with the chaps in the hut next to where you exchange your beach towel every day. I did 20 or so dives with them in November 2008. I did a 8 cenote dives, a day out to Cozumel and the rest in the house reefs.

First dive was around 8.30 am. Meet at the hut for 8am, wander down to the boat with personal kit- cylinders and weights on the boat in the marina. Second dive mid morning, afternoon dive around 2.30pm. Cenotes is a day trip -2 dives. Cozumel is an all day trip. Depart hotel at 7am not likely to be back until 7pm.

Temp wise I was in a 3mm shorty for the sea dives and I was fine. Temp was around 26/27 degrees. Cenotes I was in a 5mm full suit. Viz was great all round- as far as he eye could see basically. They have all equipment that wasn't really good order including hire suits.

There's also another operation down in the harbour at

If you want any more info then just yell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts