YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Rapidly expanding member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you probably have all seen the posts that RNLI is the chosen YD charity of the year and when you have given your spare cash to the Pink Coffin appeal to help them raise their year's target we are going to be asking you to contribute to the RNLI.

It looks like me, YazzyFooty and Adrian Kelland are the people who will be badgering you all to part with your hard earned spare cash.

This is really a head's up to let you know that we are going to start badgering you and also to ask any of you that would be able to donate any prizes to raffles to let one of us (or Jay) know. Also let us know any events that you would like to participate in or that have been a good fundraiser and we will start having a think about what to do. This is your charity of the year so we are open to lots of suggestions.

Feel free to PM any of us for more info etc etc.
Cheers
Jules

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
A couple of idea, but will probably only generate small amounts. Comments and further suggestions please.

* Fine boxes on YD dive trips for forgotten kit, undone zips etc.
* Kit auctions. 50% of sum over a reserve to the fund. Sometimes you see several people wanting the same bit of kit for sale, why not bid?

Adrian

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Is there a Target?

I personally have mixed feelings about this as I'm already a member of the RNLI and have a DD setup from my bank account.

Good luck with organising fund raising ventures though!

We could get a multi CCR instructor involved and use YDers CCR's for trydives, with a small donation for the trydive going to this Worthwhile Charity. Are there any CCR instructors who might have one day on a Weekend free this year to help out? I'll donate my CCR for use for the day.

Dave C

·
Rapidly expanding member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about members of the "YD Fit Club" (or any other YD member) find a charity run/walk/cycle/etc. and enter, donating to RNLI?

Andrew
That would be great. If there is anyone in the YD Fit Club that is or is planning any sporting event and would like to raise money for RNLI then let us know.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
well Mrs DSD is 20 weeks now so I will do the sweepstake thingy on weight sex dob and time thingy.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Is there a Target?

I personally have mixed feelings about this as I'm already a member of the RNLI and have a DD setup from my bank account.

Good luck with organising fund raising ventures though!

We could get a multi CCR instructor involved and use YDers CCR's for trydives, with a small donation for the trydive going to this Worthwhile Charity. Are there any CCR instructors who might have one day on a Weekend free this year to help out? I'll donate my CCR for use for the day.

Dave C
Hmm target. I don't know - how much? 1000?

I'm also tied in the RNLI too Dave, but this is to try and get some additional out of the other divers :D

Adrian

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
One of the thoughts is that rather than make one large fund raising event in one location that we split the events regionally. As I type this a thought has come to me that maybe we could also have inter region competition.
Adrian organising the fund raising down south, Jules London/Midlands and myself north/scotland.

So come on folks............YD members were given the vote and RNLI came out the winner so lets get fund raising.
Give us your ideas.............regardless of how silly, small or bizarre. If you are shy then either message adrian, jules or myself with your ideas.

Yaz

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
would somewhere popular like capernwray be prepared to have an RNLI day - say 50% of the entrance fee to the charity, raffle etc on site in the evening after the diving.
Invite all the local clubs within for example an 80mile radius which will ensure the day is well advertised as well as all the diving stores in the same area...

maybe approach a couple of skippers at the farnes, st abbs to donate a 'days diving' as a prize instead of just a few really expensive items which places are reluctant to give out.

·
7,710 Posts
Some good suggestions there Jo and which I shall start delving into for feasibility.
The famous Deliah Smith said when rat arsed "COME ON LETS BE HAVING YOU" and Lord Kitchener said "YOUR CHARITY NEEDS YOU" or words to that affect lol.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
The RNLI have asked that all payments come via the organising team and not from all and sundry - they don't want the account details given out to one and all.

So all payments will have to be given to either myself, Yaz or Jules. We will then make the appropriate payments. It will also help keep track of the amount raised.

Adrian

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Already a number of initiatives in place for this that look like we will have a few hundred quid lined up soon for this. An excellent start so thanks to you all and especially to those of you who have come up with some great ideas for fund raising.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
If there is a raffle going on this year, I have a couple of bits that can be put to that.
Also, if any of the mentioned 24 hours underwater things happen, I'll quite happily spend a couple of hours underwater with the volunteer as "safety diver" or whatever is needed.
Anything else as it turns up :)

·
7,710 Posts
Grand Yd Rnli Auction

I am sure we all have bits of equipment that we no longer need or purchased in error and cluttering up decent space for new dive kit which could be purchased. So following results of the poll regarding selling equipment off via ebay after contacting them regarding charity auctions they emailed stating we had to use a certain web company to do this. Therefore, we are going to try and run an auction on here.

1.Can YD'ers please post details and a picture of the item they wish to auction and I will give them each an 'lot' number and record it on an excel sheet.

2. Interested buyers will send a PM to myself, jules77, adrian kelland with their secret bid amount.

3. The 'lots' will be on view for a period of 7 days and the highest bidder will be informed privately and the unsuccessful bidders will get a general message saying thanks and unlucky.

4. Once monies have been received then the seller will be informed of who to contact to arrange postage/collection.

Can I ask that folks refrain from using the quote facilities while the auction is on as it will lead to much confusion.

:teeth: HAPPY BIDDING FOLKS !!:teeth:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts