Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not an RNLI member

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

My thinking on this is straight forward - you pay taxes which (in theory at least) gets you ambulance and doctor/nurse type action, as & hopefully where required. It's invisible, taken at source so it's that kind of warm blanket type feeling of 'I know it's there if I ever need it'.

Well the RNLI are funded purely through charitable donations; we're all divers, and I'm not gonna leave something as essential as having the opportunity of having my sorry arse dragged out of the Oggin to chance!

Bren & Fiona - Govenors of the RNLI (and that's not a boast, more a symbol of the importance on which I place the RNLI).

Cost me about £150 a year, and I hope I never have the need to call upon there services for that )or any) amount - conversely, if my donation means that others may live/benefit, then it's money well spent.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Oh, and another reason why the RNLI is so important - not just for us divers - this from today's Telegraph:

"Currents carry four girls to sea

An eight-year-old girl was in critical condition at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, last night after she and three friends were swept out to sea as they played beside the pier at Cromer, Norfolk.

The girls were caught by strong currents on Saturday afternoon. A six-year-old was rescued by a lifeguard and two others, aged 11 and 12, managed to get back to the beach by clinging to the pier supports. A Cromer inshore lifeboat crew rescued the eight-year-old, who was resuscitated after being brought to shore."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.