YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Come on Divers

All of us at some stage will need to rely on the RNLI, these crews do so volunterally with no support from the government.  

Membership of the RNLI starts from as little as about £18 for offshore membership, please consider if you are not already,  becomming a member and supporting these very brave people.  If you don't support any other charity please support this one, you never know when you will have to call up on them.

Safe diving

Fiona

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Sorry Adrian, I got my memberships wrong, I did mean shoreline which is the entry level, but yes I agree we should all be members, I am a governor it cost £60 which is about a pound a week, not much is it!!

I have been involved in two rescues by the lifeboat in T/bay, once was our own club boat had engine trouble and the other was from a charter rib which ran out of fuel on the way back from the beacons, a very long tow back.

Lets have a drive out there and see if we can recruit some YD's as new RNLI members.  

Fiona

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.